The Manager thread

Xela

Double standards by the FA by not taking action against Neville (let’s not even talk about the lack of due diligence and his appointment in the first place). How can Andre Gray get a ban for a tweet he made years ago, or Mason Holgate be investigated for something he tweeted at 15, yet Neville get off? 

Whole organisation is a Joke

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Double standards by the FA by not taking action against Neville (let’s not even talk about the lack of due diligence and his appointment in the first place). How can Andre Gray get a ban for a tweet he made years ago, or Mason Holgate be investigated for something he tweeted at 15, yet Neville get off? 

Summed it up perfectly for me. Spot on.

• Thanks 1

Exactly. After Sampson they just needed a nice safe pair of hands. It's almost as if the people making the decisions are just so far removed from the generation that's upon us that it's an alien world!

And yeah it (seemingly) is just bantz. And the argument around comedy and being offended by it is one thing. Being someone who basically grew up in the public eye I'd have expected him to be a bit more savvy tbh. And no one is suggesting off the back of what looks like a couple of ill-advised quips that we can look into Neville's character and work out what he's all about. But it's ruffled a few feathers anyway with him basically being a rookie and it took the internet a few hours to find a stick to beat him with. The FA have handled it badly imo. Reports in the press say they didnt know, they did know, they did background checks it just never unearthed this - well which is it FA? and why did the story change throughout the day exactly?

Roy Chubby Brown might say stuff in bantz but you wouldn't make him Foreign Secretary would you. Oh no hang on.... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The manner in which he was appointed is hilarious as well:

Never managed and didn’t apply: how the FA made Phil Neville its No 1

'What an amusing inevitability to learn that Phil Neville is the frontrunner for the job of managing the England women’s side. I very much enjoyed my colleague Louise Taylor’s report into the matter, which stated: “It is understood the 40-year-old’s name was initially suggested to the Football Association in a lighthearted manner by a well-known broadcaster at a drinks reception last month.”

[. . .]

I suppose it’s one form of positive discrimination – the FA has refused to let Neville be held back by the fact he has never managed a football team, or by the fact he didn’t apply for the job.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/17/phil-neville-fa-england-womens-football

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Andy Grays was just banter I felt, this was 10x worse. you are absolutely spot on 

On 1/25/2018 at 08:39, Demitri_C said:

Andy Grays was just banter I felt, this was 10x worse. you are absolutely spot on 

Andre Gray banter? He said gays should burn and die. 

Neville's comments were to his wife and sister weren't they? Ill advised no doubt but not on the same level as Gray

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Neville's comments were to his wife and sister weren't they? Ill advised no doubt but not on the same level as Gray

No not those comments ( I was t even aware of those) I was referring to the female lino 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No not those comments ( I was t even aware of those) I was referring to the female lino 

Oh ok. He was charged for the anti gay posts, not any sexist ones (I think)

On 1/24/2018 at 13:53, sne said:

How many days was it Allardyce was England manager, 65-70 something like that?

Think Neville might break his record for shortest stint: 

“Relax I’m back chilled – just battered the wife!!! Feel better now!”

Papers are killing him, already made it to the Swedish papers ffs.

Another "job for the boys" that maybe wasn't all that thought through...

:crylaugh:

What? I hope he means battered as in  he "beat it up" as in 

tenor.gif

And not battered as in beat the **** out of her.

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

:D

Hang on Dem, you initially quoted a post regarding Andre Gray and then proceeded to mention Andy Gray. 

The original point was about Andre, t’was you that brought in Andy.

That’s the source of it all, poisoning our minds with your Andy Gray talk! ;)

'Walks away with his tail between his legs :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 27/01/2018 at 19:54, Xela said:

No totally agreed they are not on the same level. But it’s still hypocritical of The FA to completely ignore what Neville said, just to cover up their lack of due diligence in the first place. 

Â