The Manager thread

Xela

On 28/12/2017 at 14:58, Demitri_C said:

Carlos was below Bruce and has zero promotions,  no premier league experience despite his flaws Bruce would have been a better fit for where they currently are

Fans are ridiculously narrow minded. Carvalhal did well at Sheff Wed, it just didn’t happen for him this season.

It’s a good appointment by Swansea - I doubt he’ll keep them up, but he’ll be a good manager to have there next season. 

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Fans are ridiculously narrow minded. Carvalhal did well at Sheff Wed, it just didn’t happen for him this season.

It’s a good appointment by Swansea - I doubt he’ll keep them up, but he’ll be a good manager to have there next season. 

Interesting that Huw Jenkins regrets not bringing back Brendan Rodgers in 2016 before he joined Celtic.

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

He has a contract until end of season they wont keep him beyond that. I think its a strange appointment. Monk is a better option for them.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Carvalhal is a hell of a lot better than Garry Monk, another overhyped British manager who failed at Boro and arguably Swansea. Did decent job at Leeds 

I think Monk's tenure at Swansea was decent?

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think Monk's tenure at Swansea was decent?

Maybe initially results wise but he brought the decline in Swansea style which made them stand out from the rest of the also-rans in Premier League

Hence why they have been in relegation battles last couple seasons

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Forest have sacked Warburton. 

Wow that's a surprise and very harsh. That's good news I think as I think warburton is a good manager 

monk will be their new manager I bet and first game live on to vs us

Edited by Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow that's a surprise and very harsh. That's good news I think as I think warburton is a good manager 

monk will be their new manager I bet and first game live on to vs us

Also sacked their director of football Frank McParland. Things not rosy at the city ground it seems. 

Trent normally has a good insight into things at Forest, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye?

Edited by av1

11 hours ago, av1 said:

Forest have sacked Warburton. 

Another knee jerk reaction from Forest, shows why they never get close to return to the premier league. Always sacking managers when they don't win for five games.

They were on a poor run but I'm sure they would've come through it. They have a young side who'll probably be better next season, similar to Bristol City and the difference between them last season and this.

Already getting linked to Lambert so if they appoint him you really wonder what is the point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Another knee jerk reaction from Forest, shows why they never get close to return to the premier league. Always sacking managers when they don't win for five games.

They were on a poor run but I'm sure they would've come through it. They have a young side who'll probably be better next season, similar to Bristol City and the difference between them last season and this.

Already getting linked to Lambert so if they appoint him you really wonder what is the point.

Plenty of Forest fans I know wanted him gone. Said they were keeping the ball for the sake of keeping it and just heading backwards under Warburton. 

Weirdly, spoke to one chap about us having the opposite problem under Bruce - he’d take Bruce at the City Ground all day long. 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Plenty of Forest fans I know wanted him gone. Said they were keeping the ball for the sake of keeping it and just heading backwards under Warburton. 

Weirdly, spoke to one chap about us having the opposite problem under Bruce - he’d take Bruce at the City Ground all day long. 

Nottingham Forest are a great name in english football but their fans have to be a bit more realistic...they haven't made the top 6 in this division since 2011.

They only stayed up on the last day last year and are comfortably mid table this season.

Plenty of good young players like McKay, Bereton and Joe Worrall but when you have a young team they'll always be a dip in the season at some stage.

Edit: If they were going nowhere next season I could understand it more. What exactly could he do in six months.

Edited by VillaChris

Â