Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Injury prone is a subjective term, I'm not sure if twisting your ankle in such a fashion counts. We can say that he's had bad luck with injuries so far, that's unquestionable. 

With Bruce set to stick with the 4-3-3, I wonder where this leaves him when he returns. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Injury prone is a subjective term, I'm not sure if twisting your ankle in such a fashion counts. We can say that he's had bad luck with injuries so far, that's unquestionable. 

With Bruce set to stick with the 4-3-3, I wonder where this leaves him when he returns. 

down the middle I guess

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Think he might try Kodija on the left again, with Hogan central? 

I love seeing Green on the left, but he's young and won't be consistently good yet. Plus he might be out injured for a while.

Then again we're not spoiled with having quality cover on the bench, most successful teams does.

We just have loads of players :)

33 minutes ago, sne said:

I think that's quite likely, however, we will need to start playing out from the back because expecting Hogan to win balls from the keeper is silly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think that's quite likely, however, we will need to start playing out from the back because expecting Hogan to win balls from the keeper is silly. 

Spot on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

I love seeing Green on the left, but he's young and won't be consistently good yet. Plus he might be out injured for a while.

Then again we're not spoiled with having quality cover on the bench, most successful teams does.

We just have loads of players :)

Kodija on the left and Green on the right in my opinion.

Adomah doesn't do it for me....When all are fit and well, GREEN - HOGAN - KODIJA might be worth a look.

• Like 1

Kodjia should start down the middle, I think he is poor when played out wide. It's basically Hogan or Kodjia, I just hope to God that Bruce doesn't go 4-4-2 with Hogan and Kodjia because we are monumentally shit in a 4-4-2

• Like 1

Hogan doesn't strike me as a player who can play the line striker role. So I'm not sure what the answer is when he's fit. For me kodjia should be our main striker, he's not brilliant as a lone striker but I think he offers more than Hogan would in that role. 

Hogan looks like he needs a partner and the partnership with Kodjia has showed no signs of clicking. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Hogan doesn't strike me as a player who can play the line striker role. So I'm not sure what the answer is when he's fit. For me kodjia should be our main striker, he's not brilliant as a lone striker but I think he offers more than Hogan would in that role. 

Hogan looks like he needs a partner and the partnership with Kodjia has showed no signs of clicking. 

After a handful of games, it's far too early to make that assessment.kodjia, Hogan and Green is worth persevering with.

• Like 1

Partnerships take time to develop, I'm not sure Hogan and Kodjia have had enough of this yet, but yes they probably will be shit. Let's buy someone else or sack the manager that might work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Well if we do play three up front , then I would play hogan down the middle ,with the other two either side of him.

I think that's the worst for all three. 

Hogan has shown nothing to suggest he could play the lone striker role. Kodjia is better down the middle than wide left and Green looks good on the left so I wouldn't move him to the right. 

If 4-3-3 then for me it's Green...Kodjia...Adomah

Players in their best positions. 

Hogan hasn't shown me anything to suggest he's worth playing others out of position to accommodate him. 

1 hour ago, smg said:

Partnerships take time to develop, I'm not sure Hogan and Kodjia have had enough of this yet, but yes they probably will be shit. Let's buy someone else or sack the manager that might work.

They do. But if you play 2 upfront then you lose a midfield player.  I don't think our midfield suit a 2 man formation. We know Jedinak can't play in one and he's key for us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meregreen said:

Well if we do play three up front , then I would play hogan down the middle ,with the other two either side of him.

That would be crap

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meregreen said:

You don't know that. It hasn't even been tried. Hogan and Kodjia have both scored a lot of goals so they would both be in my team.

Kodjia needs to be through the middle

• Like 1

Â