Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He has 3 goals in 12 starts and 6 sub appearances so far this season, and no he largely doesn't play as a striker.

No his main role was always midfielder but recently has been playing striker, so that tells me he's gearing himself up for either the switch or a wide selection of roles that he can play.

He can also play along the wings both left and right, so yeah he's versatile.

Either way he can play striker.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No his main role was always midfielder but recently has been playing striker, so that tells me he's gearing himself up for either the switch or a wide selection of roles that he can play.

He can also play along the wings both left and right, so yeah he's versatile.

Either way he can play striker.

Looking again at the U23 thread, a couple of recent match reports do have him playing up top, so fair enough. However, if he's only just started learning that position in youth football, he clearly won't be ready to play it for the first team yet. Let's hope he is one day.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looking again at the U23 thread, a couple of recent match reports do have him playing up top, so fair enough. However, if he's only just started learning that position in youth football, he clearly won't be ready to play it for the first team yet. Let's hope he is one day.

From what I was reading he seems to be adapting quickly and explosively.

I really hope he continues, he may of found his calling, it certainly would be nice to have a break through striker would it not. When was the last time we had a striker breakthrough from the U23s, one that especially could score anyway, we would be lucky to fall on such a player.

I need to watch him now to see if it's true with him up front, that he is indeed a goal poacher and half.

Maybe someone who has seen him can give there view from his time on the frontline please.

On 02/01/2020 at 14:07, KHV said:

Recalling Audrey Hepburn would be a better option than that

or Audie Murphy, he had a good shot on him.

Edited by TRO

We don’t have anymore spaces left in our 25 man squad so will players need to leave or be omitted for new ones to be registered. Is he worth a place though ? = IMO NO! 

Rather give our kids a shot over him. Plus I’ve always  thought jack could do a job like Messi as a false 9 dropping deeper to collect the ball and running at defences pulling defenders out of position and leaving spaces for himself and others. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

We don’t have anymore spaces left in our 25 man squad so will players need to leave or be omitted for new ones to be registered.

I thought you got dispensation in the case of season ending injuries?

If Hogan is the answer then what is the question.  Did nothing in the Championship why would he do anything in the  prem. Absolutely dreadful signing.  One of our worst pound for pound buys ever. Along with Ross McCormack. That's 25 mil we are never going to get back. Sums up our scattergun 'oh he looks decent in the last 10 games lets buy him' transfer policy of Dr Tony and Keef- 'lets sell  Villa behind the owners' back- Wyness.  Allegedly.

Edited by The Fun Factory

We need to play to his strengths 

2hf9gl.jpg

On a serious note, I used to try to defend Hogan as well, just as it seemed like he had a great attitude as well, but he hasn't done anything, ANYWHERE, since Brentford.

You never know though, could he play as a forward in an attacking 3?

I don't mean as the CF either. Just as a nuisance and busy body.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â