Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

In one hundred years some internet archeologist with very niche interests is going to find the wonder that is this thread and write a book on it. The main question will ask, how can the same conversation happen for years, repeating over and over again? Especially when the only evidence that is ever added is Scott Hogan continuing to do nothing in football games for different managers and different teams.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

In one hundred years some internet archeologist with very niche interests is going to find the wonder that is this thread and write a book on it. The main question will ask, how can the same conversation happen for years, repeating over and over again? Especially when the only evidence that is ever added is Scott Hogan continuing to do nothing in football games for different managers and different teams.

He doesn't do nothing, he makes great runs...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

That's going to be a VERY niche interest!

They will probably also wonder that, at the point the club returned to the premier league, bought a whole stack of new players and (hopefully) started on a new phase of success as a club, a number of dedicated fans were determined to pick over the bones of a by now irrelevant  transfer that happened quite a long time ago in a lower league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Because the point is that Bruce spent 12 million on a player that he could not incorporate into his team - surely as an Aston Villa fan - your interest starts and stops here - what else concerns you - Bruce wasted 12 mill - there can only be him to blame in this sorry saga as far as I can see?

Wow this is so much harder than it needs to be. 

I agree with your point that Bruce is to blame for signing him. 

Others made a point to say that it was Bruce's tactics and management that ruined Hogan. I disagreed with that. You then seem to keep arguing with me even though we both agree with the point you're making and you don't seem to disagree with my point. You seem angry that in the Scott Hogan thread i'm talking about Hogan and not throwing it all on Steve Bruce. 

Its a really strange debate to be part of. 

Do you believe Hogan is a quality player and that the tactics of Bruce are to blame for his abysmal performances?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Wow this is so much harder than it needs to be. 

I agree with your point that Bruce is to blame for signing him. 

Others made a point to say that it was Bruce's tactics and management that ruined Hogan. I disagreed with that. You then seem to keep arguing with me even though we both agree with the point you're making and you don't seem to disagree with my point. You seem angry that in the Scott Hogan thread i'm talking about Hogan and not throwing it all on Steve Bruce. 

Its a really strange debate to be part of. 

Do you believe Hogan is a quality player and that the tactics of Bruce are to blame for his abysmal performances?

I have no anger whatsoever - for what my opinion of Hogan is worth I believe him to be a championship player who will again score at that level.

What interests me is why you and others care to make the judgement that Hogan is a poor footballer and that Bruce escapes any  responsibility  for making a decision to sign a player who you clearly think is a poor footballer - you can't have it both ways - Bruce surely watched him? And went ahead with the signing - this makes Bruce completely culpable in the whole deal.

my point is only this - you simply cannot separate the fact Bruce paid £ 12 mill on a player who did not perform - why even would you want to excuse him wasting this money. He is to blame for the whole saga - He was manager who agreed this deal. It's happened before and will happen again - but the buck stops four square with the person who signed the player?

Its totally irelevant what anyone thinks of Hogan - Bruce messed up and that is the only thing that I have any interest in.

Edited by Dave J

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I have no anger whatsoever - for what my opinion of Hogan is worth I believe him to be a championship player who will again score at that level.

What interests me is why you and others care to make the judgement that Hogan is a poor footballer and that Bruce is not to blame for making a decision to sign a player who you clearly think is a poor footballer - you can't have it both ways - Bruce surely watched him? And went ahead with the signing.

my point is only this - you simply cannot separate the fact Bruce paid £ 12 mill on a player who did not perform - why even would you want to excuse him wasting this money. He is to blame for the whole saga - He was manager who agreed this deal. It's happened before and will happen again - but the buck stops four square with the person who signed the player?

Its totally irelevant what anyone thinks of Hogan - Bruce messed up and that is the only thing that I have any interest in.

Its literally like you've not read a single word i've posted on this thread. I don't know how to proceed. 

I'm so confused. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Its literally like you've not read a single word i've posted on this thread. I don't know how to proceed. 

I'm so confused. 

I really don't need you too - you have your view and you clearly think that it's the correct view - you are entitled to it - we are not actually that far apart.

The words dog and bone come to mind when dipping my toes into this thread. Seems less about Bruce / Hogan / transfer policy and more about SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT I AM RIGHT. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Obsessed.

Gabby 2012-2017

Hogan 2017 - Present

?????

Good grief BFHV - with the greatest of respect that's a tad rich coming from you - given your constant berating of anyone  posting derogatory comments about Bruce - would you not think?

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm so confused. 

:crylaugh:

Get used to it, pal. 

Â