Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

On 05/01/2020 at 12:02, Zatman said:

If we sold him I would be shocked if we got 2 million for him if anything. Wesley got lot of stick for being the worst signing ever but bloody hell Hogan and McCormack a complete waste of money in a lower league

I can’t stand Wesley but he doesn’t come close to being our worst ever signing. McCormack and Hogan make me despair. They have zero value. At least Wesley won’t be a total write-off. 

• Like 1

It looks like all we can do is run down the clock on him......quite sad really.

I don't know the full story, behind the scenes, but something does not stack up.

its Bizarre his selling manager at Brentford is now his manager here and he can't get a tune out of him.

When i watch him play, he doesn't look remotely like scoring, he looks a lost soul.

He needs to get a job.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know the full story, behind the scenes, but something does not stack up.

its Bizarre his selling manager at Brentford is now his manager here and he can't get a tune out of him.

When i watch him play, he doesn't look remotely like scoring, he looks a lost soul.

He needs to get a job.

He just hit form, it happens sometime. Michael Ricketts, Marcus Stewart others with one season records just never looked like doing it again

Its not like he lacks effort just isnt good

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

He needs to get a job.

Not really that bizarre that a once in a lifetime purple patch Championship attacker can't cut it in the PL.

We overspent something silly on a player having the form of his life and here we are.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He just hit form, it happens sometime. Michael Ricketts, Marcus Stewart others with one season records just never looked like doing it again

Michu!

He almost looked world class for one season in the Prem. I think he might be a binman in Croatia now.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not really that bizarre that a once in a lifetime purple patch Championship attacker can't cut it in the PL.

We overspent something silly on a player having the form of his life and here we are.

Bugger it.

Tried to post a picture of Guy Whittingham but have absolutely no idea how to do it from a PC:blush:

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sne said:

He can’t even cut it in the Championship! Shocking signing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Marlon Harewood, Roque Santa Cruz

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At least all those strikers did it at the highest level and for a whole season.  Hogan had 3 good months in the championship and got a 9 million pound move. Complete madness.

It wasn't' a defence of Hogan. Just more examples of strikers who had good form for a season and basically made a career out of it

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't' a defence of Hogan. Just more examples of strikers who had good form for a season and basically made a career out of it

I know mate. I’ve read enough of your posts to know you wouldn’t be defending Hogan ;)

At least with the players mentioned you can kind of understand why clubs would take a chance on them. The move for Hogan was scandalous. 

Bit harsh on Santa Cruz though I think. Didnt he do well at Bayern and Blackburn? Man City was a step to far. 112 caps for Paraguay too.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit harsh on Santa Cruz though I think. Didnt he do well at Bayern and Blackburn? Man City was a step to far. 112 caps for Paraguay too.

He did well at Blackburn for one season. 19 league goals. He got 3 for them the following season.
Outside of the Paraguayan league he hit double figures for league goals once in his entire career, and that was that season at Blackburn.

In his 8 seasons in the Bundesliga the most goals he ever scored in a season was 5

I know some strikes don't score that many goals, but he hardly scored any. Again outside of Paraguay he scored 89 league goals in 381 appearances. 1 in 4 record. And when you consider almost a quarter of those goals came in one season at Blackburn, the rest of his career was really sparse.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He needs to get a job.

He was shite - there is nothing more to know.

Â