Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need to play to his strengths 

2hf9gl.jpg

On a serious note, I used to try to defend Hogan as well, just as it seemed like he had a great attitude as well, but he hasn't done anything, ANYWHERE, since Brentford.

You never know though, could he play as a forward in an attacking 3?

I don't mean as the CF either. Just as a nuisance and busy body.

I think he has made Legend status at our club at that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought you got dispensation in the case of season ending injuries?

Well either way, if they are out for the season then Heaton & Wesley can both be unregistered regardless

• Thanks 1

If we sold him I would be shocked if we got 2 million for him if anything. Wesley got lot of stick for being the worst signing ever but bloody hell Hogan and McCormack a complete waste of money in a lower league

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

If we sold him I would be shocked if we got 2 million for him if anything. Wesley got lot of stick for being the worst signing ever but bloody hell Hogan and McCormack a complete waste of money in a lower league

I don't rate Wesley but he's already done more in a Villa shirt than those two combined.

And his fee may have been higher, but relative to the league we're in i'd say it's effectively lower. If that makes sense.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/stoke-city-swansea-city-under-3711960

rare sighting of Scott Hogan couldn’t help Stoke City’s under-23s as they slipped to a 1-0 defeat at home to Swansea City in their first match of 2020.

Liam Cullen’s first half penalty saw Stoke lose their sixth game of the league season and fall to fifth position in Premier League 2. 

It was an all-Irish strike force for Stoke, with Hogan partnered by James Jennings, but Swansea dominated possession in the early stages and Cullen should have done better than volley into the trees behind the goal when he was left free in the penalty box.

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He only had one good season at Brentford didn't he? And 14 goals in 25 league games was hardly breathtaking stuff. His signing was absolute madness.

I remember an interview on Irish radio a couple of years and while he came across well enough he didn't strike me as a driven sort of player. He seemed happy to have just made it as a pro.

That January....our approach under the previous management seemed to be just go out and buy the top scorers in the league which we did with Hogan and Hourihane with the hope that they would just keep it up with us.....what a brain wave that turned out to be!

42 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

That January....our approach under the previous management seemed to be just go out and buy the top scorers in the league which we did with Hogan and Hourihane with the hope that they would just keep it up with us.....what a brain wave that turned out to be!

Classic Bruce

42 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

It seems wrong to put Hogan and Hourihane in the same category. 

• Like 2

In doing research for the Loan Report I found an article stating Villa are looking to recall Hogan and loan him to another Championship club (like Andre Green) and the majority of Stoke fans seemed to be disappointed by this news... :blink:

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

In doing research for the Loan Report I found an article stating Villa are looking to recall Hogan and loan him to another Championship club (like Andre Green) and the majority of Stoke fans seemed to be disappointed by this news... :blink:

Presumably, very much in common with Villa fans (and probably all fans in the country) they've come to the conclusion that he's better than he actually is because they haven't seen him play for a while.

• Like 1

the main thing with Hogan was at the time he signed he had a similar backstory to Vardy and this was built up in the media as Vardy 2. For me he never shirked it but just wasnt good enough and I think people going by the posts on here really wanted him to do well but just wont

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Presumably, very much in common with Villa fans (and probably all fans in the country) they've come to the conclusion that he's better than he actually is because they haven't seen him play for a while.

Stoke just aren't playing to his strengths.

If the manager offers him an olive branch he'll score bucket loads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stoke just aren't playing to his strengths.

If the manager offers him an olive branch he'll score bucket loads.

indeed, if only Stoke could identify his strengths and play to them. Totally should recall Scott, he would tear up the league.

:trollface:

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

indeed, if only Stoke could identify his strengths and play to them. Totally should recall Scott, he would tear up the league.

:trollface:

Do you mean the fixture list?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â