Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

It would seem unlikely that we’ll be able to get a forward early in the window, with Davis still not fit enough to make yesterday’s squad I think we have to recall Hogan. Otherwise it could just be Kodjia until Feb..

I’m really clutching at straws here but maybe in the new system and with Jack and Trezeguet getting close to support like yesterday maybe he might look better. Granted he has struggled for a long time and his last few managers don’t seem to rate him either..

If we get a forward at the end of the window and Hogan has to sit out the rest of the season then so be it, as he’s basically doing this at Stoke anyway.

2 minutes ago, Elton said:

It would seem unlikely that we’ll be able to get a forward early in the window, with Davis still not fit enough to make yesterday’s squad I think we have to recall Hogan. Otherwise it could just be Kodjia until Feb..

I’m really clutching at straws here but maybe in the new system and with Jack and Trezeguet getting close to support like yesterday maybe he might look better. Granted he has struggled for a long time and his last few managers don’t seem to rate him either..

If we get a forward at the end of the window and Hogan has to sit out the rest of the season then so be it, as he’s basically doing this at Stoke anyway.

Would rather Vasilev be an option for us than Kodj n Hogs.

3 minutes ago, Elton said:

Granted he should be recalled from stoke, he doesnt even make the match squad there.

Whether he should come back to VP or go out on loan to another club is a whole other debate.

Personally i would send him back out on loan and make sure we sign a new striker this week.....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Granted he should be recalled from stoke, he doesnt even make the match squad there.

Whether he should come back to VP or go out on loan to another club is a whole other debate.

Personally i would send him back out on loan and make sure we sign a new striker this week.....

Obviously agree a new striker is needed ASAP but it’s not easy to sign quality in January and even harder to do this at the start of the window. I’m not calling to recall Hogan for any other reason than short term desperation. He may be needed to play in 2 FA Cup ties in January and I’d rather not risk Davis in these, other than to build fitness.

If Smith thinks we have U23’s that are better than Hogan then that’s fine. That Archer looked decent away at Crewe.

Edited by Elton

13 minutes ago, Elton said:

Obviously agree a new striker is needed ASAP but it’s not easy to sign quality in January and even harder to do this at the start of the window. I’m not calling to recall Hogan for any other reason than short term desperation. He may be needed to play in 2 FA Cup ties in January and I’d rather not risk Davis in these, other than to build fitness.

If Smith thinks we have U23’s that are better than Hogan then that’s fine. That Archer looked decent away at Crewe.

Yeah I think I'd rather give a youth player the cup games to get up to speed than recall Hogan

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Could potentially do a job for us if Wesley is injured, we most likely won't get a striker in for 2-3 weeks yet.

He would certainly fill a gap on Saturday against Fulham. We might as well throw him a chance after all the money we spent on him.

I can't get my head around a post like this. 'Could do a job' — he never did a job for us in a lower league and he constantly looked awful and way out of his depth.

'He would certainly fill a gap' — he literally is a gap. That's the best way of describing him on the pitch.

How does anyone ever consider him an option?

6 minutes ago, Elton said:

I guess maybe Smith could look to recall Hepburn-Murphy ahead of Hogan to ease our short term desperation and then loan him back to Tranmere. 

he would get eaten alive in the prem........lightweight, so far.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Elton said:

I guess maybe Smith could look to recall Hepburn-Murphy ahead of Hogan to ease our short term desperation and then loan him back to Tranmere. 

Recalling Audrey Hepburn would be a better option than that

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

he would get eaten alive in the prem........lightweight, so far.

I’m sure you’re right. I’m looking at these potential recalls as squad fillers for our FA Cup game/games and bench warmers to give very short term cover, that’s all.

We clearly need to buy someone but we all know it’s extremely difficult to do that in January and especially early in the window. Clubs won’t sell assets until they have replacements and players hold out for bigger/better deals.

In fact the only players who could move early in this window would be ones clubs are desperate to get rid of, such as Scott Hogan..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I can't get my head around a post like this. 'Could do a job' — he never did a job for us in a lower league and he constantly looked awful and way out of his depth.

'He would certainly fill a gap' — he literally is a gap. That's the best way of describing him on the pitch.

How does anyone ever consider him an option?

In terms of Saturdays game against Fulham he could do a job up front whilst seeing if he could perform with the players we have.

He's an option because he's an Aston Villa player and he's a striker. Goals from strikers are hardly coming thick and fast for us right now.

Until we sign a striker in this window we are incredibly light up front now.

• Like 3

Â