Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-aston-villa-scott-hogan-3402383

Hogan was left out of Stoke's match day 18 for last Tuesday's mid-week home defeat to Huddersfield Town, with Jones hinting at a reason "that will remain in-house".

Interesting.

Can't have been anything too bad or I doubt he would have come on over the weekend, but it does support people who felt his brilliant attitude was a bit of a myth.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know how someone with such a bad record as him could be so cocksure of himself.
More power to him I guess.

Well he ain;t gonna come out saying "Well I know i'm shit but i'll try my hardest".

lol

to be fair, Stoke played to his strengths and he scored.

Teams just need to play to his strengths and he will bag you some goals.

no doubt stoke will climb the league like a whippet now they have the correct style of play to get the most out of goal machine Hogan.

Leeds, Swansea, WBA etc had better watch out.......Hogan is coming 4 u (with a team that plays the right way to suit his game and he will defo no doubt 100% certainly score bazillions cus of that cus he's a Prem striker once teams play the right way 4 him so he can score 30 a season, and thats in a bad season, maybe 50, he's class).

Hope he scores a few more for them and there’s talk of another Championship team trying to sign him permanently. Some money for him would be lovely.

Basically a pub footballer who accidentally found himself earning thousands of pounds a week. Don’t think he was ever physically or mentally prepared for the big time. As someone said earlier, he’ll keep dropping and find his level in league one or something. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Hope he scores a few more for them and there’s talk of another Championship team trying to sign him permanently. Some money for him would be lovely.

Basically a pub footballer who accidentally found himself earning thousands of pounds a week. Don’t think he was ever physically or mentally prepared for the big time. As someone said earlier, he’ll keep dropping and find his level in league one or something. 

Perfect description imo. I hope he keeps playing and scoring goals but at a level suitable for him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/10/2019 at 18:07, MaVilla said:

to be fair, Stoke played to his strengths and he scored.

Teams just need to play to his strengths and he will bag you some goals.

no doubt stoke will climb the league like a whippet now they have the correct style of play to get the most out of goal machine Hogan.

Leeds, Swansea, WBA etc had better watch out.......Hogan is coming 4 u (with a team that plays the right way to suit his game and he will defo no doubt 100% certainly score bazillions cus of that cus he's a Prem striker once teams play the right way 4 him so he can score 30 a season, and thats in a bad season, maybe 50, he's class).

Tragedy is.....no one can find his strengths.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Smith did when they were at Brentford together

Suffice to say....he couldn't repeat it with us.

so was he a one hit wonder?

I originally thought, having not studied him closely and seeing him from a far.....that he was a Jamie Vardy type, when we signed him.

Having watched him closely......he's a million miles away.

Edited by TRO

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

Suffice to say....he couldn't repeat it with us.

so was he a one hit wonder?

I originally thought, having not studied him closely and seeing him from a far.....that he was a Jamie Vardy type, when we signed him.

Having watched him closely......he's a million miles away.

I think you are correct, I was excited when we signed him, I thought he’d hit the ground running but it just hasn’t worked out

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For anyone wanting to give Bruce plaudits for signing McGinn I give you Scott Hogan. 

It just didn't work out. Hourihane was a similar type of signing (signing the most in-form midfielder in the league) and that worked out pretty well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â