Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Got to be honest, I was hoping for more. Yes the service has been crap, but kodjia (the one fans are turning on) gets the same, yet he makes things happen, gets himself involved and gets his goals. 

Hopefully Hogan will hit the ground running next year under a new manager. 

I know its only a few games and the service to him has been poor ......but he's scarcely controlled a ball since he has been here ! - when he gets the ball its just seems like a cue for him to fall over....harsh - but thats what I'm seeing...

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I'm not talking about Gabby at all. It's his multiple digs at Hogan. Gabby was also in a similar position but I would back Hogan to put away more chances should they actually come their way. 

Makes sense, I fully agree, if a striker is going to be limited to only a handful of chances I'd trust Hogan more, but given our current style, there really isn't much effect on our team whichever one is playing 

It looked like a torn ankle ligament to me. I had the same injury happen this time last year. The way the ankle bent and Hogan's face made me think it tore.

It took me a month to be able to walk without a boot on, then another 2 to start running, but it was painful. If it is a tear, Hogan has to be careful because he can permanently damage the muscle if he is rushed back. 

34 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

It looked like a torn ankle ligament to me. I had the same injury happen this time last year. The way the ankle bent and Hogan's face made me think it tore.

It took me a month to be able to walk without a boot on, then another 2 to start running, but it was painful. If it is a tear, Hogan has to be careful because he can permanently damage the muscle if he is rushed back. 

If it's not a break then absolutely it's ligaments. If torn that's it for him this season, if he's lucky then in theory he could be back running again in 2-3 weeks. Done this more times than I care to remember. As long as ligaments aren't torn then we may see him again by mid-end March.....

Rolling your ankle does often look worse than it actually is...........it may prove to be a really bad one but I know from personal experience that it can sometimes just be strained ligaments which only take a few weeks to heal.

Not that it matters anyway, cos he's been shite along with the rest of the clowns currently donning what was once a famous shirt.

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

he has a history of knee injuries though, not a history of falling awkwardly on his ankle which is an acute injury.

Being injury prone and getting an injury aren't always related.

He fell awkwardly and injured his knee, I'm not knocking him, i like him as a player. But as an asset to the club he was a big risk. The prone bit and getting an injury makes no sense to me, he either is or he isn't

9 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Not sure if he is susceptible to injuries or not, but one thing is clear....Collymore was bang on the money here....£15m on him is total lunacy.....he's a £4-5m player tops!

Never utter such words. Collymore has probably never seen him play, he just says stuff to get people's backs up so he gets attention.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

He fell awkwardly and injured his knee, I'm not knocking him, i like him as a player. But as an asset to the club he was a big risk. The prone bit and getting an injury makes no sense to me, he either is or he isn't

It's an ankle injury from landing awkwardly, nothing to do with his previous knee problems.

If Shelvey had elbowed him in the face and broken his nose, you wouldn't attribute it to injury proneness, would you?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Never utter such words. Collymore has probably never seen him play, he just says stuff to get people's backs up so he gets attention.

He is right though. £15m on Scott Hogan is a complete joke. The bloke didn't even manage 40 games in 3 years at Brentford. It's **** ridiculous money which is why we are going the same way as Leeds. Pissing money away in a reckless fashion. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

he has a history of knee injuries though, not a history of falling awkwardly on his ankle which is an acute injury.

Being injury prone and getting an injury aren't always related.

Does the reason why he is out injured really matter ?

Ankle, knee, groin - it all has the same effect.

10 hours ago, KHV said:

He is right though. £15m on Scott Hogan is a complete joke. The bloke didn't even manage 40 games in 3 years at Brentford. It's **** ridiculous money which is why we are going the same way as Leeds. Pissing money away in a reckless fashion. 

Frustrating to think we have spent £40m plus on strikers who struggle to score when players we let go for nothing like bent and Robinson are banging goals in for fun .

If the doc wants to splash his loose change on championship standard players that's up to him, if next season we have a front line of hogan, McCormack and kodjia, and confidence is back, then you would assume we will score goals.

Tbh you would've assumed we would score goals this season, feck knows what's going on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KHV said:

I knew none of this, and knew nothing about him before we signed him to be honest but that's worrying if true.

However I remember in his debut, the commentators would not stop praising him, and said he was going to be a brilliant signing for us.

His runs etc in that game were also very good.

Â