Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Strangeways said:

None of the players apart from hutton showed him any support or checked on him even when he was being carried off, absolutely disgusting behaviour from a team that simply does not care for the cause or each other. Serious problems in our squad.

I said the same in the match thread. None of them give a shit. 

The majority are just mercenaries here to collect their premier league wages.

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

From what Ive seen Gabby wouldn't be much of a downgrade. 

14 goals this season. The only way Gabby is scoring 14 times is if you send him up Broad Street for the year.

Hogan has barely been given a chance due to the dross we play. How many times has the ball been played in to his feet in his 3 games? He hasn't impressed for us, but like so many players, he's been set up to fail by our complete lack of gameplan. Bruce takes the blame, IMO.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Strangeways said:

None of the players apart from hutton showed him any support or checked on him even when he was being carried off, absolutely disgusting behaviour from a team that simply does not care for the cause or each other. Serious problems in our squad.

I noticed that. Absolutely pathetic from them cretins

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

14 goals this season. The only way Gabby is scoring 14 times is if you send him up Broad Street for the year.

Hogan has barely been given a chance due to the dross we play. How many times has the ball been played in to his feet in his 3 games? He hasn't impressed for us, but like so many players, he's been set up to fail by our complete lack of gameplan. Bruce takes the blame, IMO.

I agree. I still can't remember any time when he's had a decent ball played to him, let alone a decent chance laid on for him.

My only real gripe with him last night was a bit more awareness and he could have brought down the ball that he ended up heading across the goal for Thor's chance in the first half, and probably scored.

• Like 1

Agreed he's being wasted enormously. No great surprise there we seem to do it with everyone we buy. The team need to gel and I get impression that is going to take a long time and probably pain, yes more pain, to go on top of the existing pain. 

Not sure he is suited to the lone striker role though. Didn't really seem to get hold a single "pass" played up to him. Even the ones that were within thirty yards of him. 

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Are you taking the mick? The guy was feeding off scraps all game long. You haven't got a clue. 

If we're playing the no service card, surely the same applies to both players though? Or has our team suddenly struggled to create chances just since Hogan arrived? Just playing devils advocate 

Just now, weedman said:

If we're playing the no service card, surely the same applies to both players though? Or has our team suddenly struggled to create chances just since Hogan arrived? Just playing devils advocate 

I'm not talking about Gabby at all. It's his multiple digs at Hogan. Gabby was also in a similar position but I would back Hogan to put away more chances should they actually come their way. 

6 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Are you taking the mick? The guy was feeding off scraps all game long. You haven't got a clue. 

Leaving historic opinions and personal dislikes aside, in my view Gabby's performance at home to Preston was as good a centre forward's performance we've seen all season.

He worked the defenders, ran the channels, held the ball up really well, brought wide players into game and caused them a real problem.

I would have no problem with 'that' Gabby playing the rest of the season, none at all!

• Like 2

On 01/02/2017 at 15:59, BOF said:

He clearly knows where the goal is, but he has missed a lot of football over his career.

Well that didn't take long.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well that didn't take long.

Last night, before the game, they focused on Hogan and they displayed his career stats. I was shocked to see last night's game was just his 80th, at the age of 24. You'd have thought he'd have played at least 125-150 games at that age. 

Do people think that last night is to do with Hogan being susceptible to injuries?

It just looked like a very unfortunate landing. I would wager that 99% of people landing like that, would end up in a heap like Hogan did and that it has nothing to do with his previous injuries.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Do people think that last night is to do with Hogan being susceptible to injuries?

It just looked like a very unfortunate landing. I would wager that 99% of people landing like that, would end up in a heap like Hogan did and that it has nothing to do with his previous injuries.

I'm not saying he's injury prone, but here's a picture of him setting some mouse traps in his house over the winter.

Uta3r3Q.jpg

• Like 4

Â