Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

His wages are the big stumbling block, otherwise I could see us using him as a makeweight in a deal with somebody like Brentford for a player we are interested in.

Most likely it will be a loan though with us subsidising some of his wages. It's a shame it didn't work out, but not every transfer does, I don't think it's through lack of effort or desire, just circumstance and a loss of form.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

His wages are the big stumbling block, otherwise I could see us using him as a makeweight in a deal with somebody like Brentford for a player we are interested in.

Funnily enough I was reading a Brentford message board yesterday to see what their thoughts were on the play off final.

They were fairly complimentary towards Dean but definitely a somewhat deluded bunch. Were convinced they play better football than both us and Derby, also their midfield and strikers were better than ours and also they were convinced that with the prem money we would be taking some more of their players.

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's a shame it didn't work out, but not every transfer does, I don't think it's through lack of effort or desire, just circumstance and a loss of form.

His last few appearances his effort definitely fell away. He knows he's not good enough and doesn't seems to be able to work through it.

His wages will be £50k+ now, probably £60k+.

We're going to have to swallow our pride here and try to get £2m off someone and pay 70% of his wages for the first two years.

Grim.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Funnily enough I was reading a Brentford message board yesterday to see what their thoughts were on the play off final.

They were fairly complimentary towards Dean but definitely a somewhat deluded bunch. Were convinced they play better football than both us and Derby, also their midfield and strikers were better than ours and also they were convinced that with the prem money we would be taking some more of their players.

We have been linked with a few of their players, but that may just be because of the Dean Smith connection, they have some decent players but I don't know if they are up to the quality required where we are going. They do play some nice stuff too, but if they are as good as they seem to think they'd be the ones getting promoted 😉

Hogan scored buckets of goals for them which is why I thought they might be interested in taking him on, especially if they were to lose Maupay. 

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

His last few appearances his effort definitely fell away. He knows he's not good enough and doesn't seems to be able to work through it.

His wages will be £50k+ now, probably £60k+.

We're going to have to swallow our pride here and try to get £2m off someone and pay 70% of his wages for the first two years.

Grim.

I'm so happy that Richards contract is up and those dark transfer days are behind us, and then I remember we still have Hogan and McCormack, it's like that Drake meme in reverse...  😪

I'm so happy that Richards contract is up and those dark transfer days are behind us, and then I remember we still have Hogan and McCormack, it's like that Drake meme in reverse...  😪

Don't forget lansbury on 70k now.....

The more I think about it the more you realise how big that play off final was. There's still far too much deadwood at this club, next season would have been painful if we had also likely lost Abraham, Grelaish and possibly even Mcginn. No chance of promotion whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

We have been linked with a few of their players, but that may just be because of the Dean Smith connection, they have some decent players but I don't know if they are up to the quality required where we are going. They do play some nice stuff too, but if they are as good as they seem to think they'd be the ones getting promoted 😉

Hogan scored buckets of goals for them which is why I thought they might be interested in taking him on, especially if they were to lose Maupay. 

I don't even dispute they play good passing football, better than us currently anyway but that clearly doesn't equal better results as they weren't even in the playoff shakeup.

For what they spend they do very well but we should be looking higher than Brentford to stay in the premier league.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Don't forget lansbury on 70k now.....

I mean at least there's a chance he might play if he doesn't fall apart, but whoever negotiated the wages for these players needs a serious paddling...

7 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

The more I think about it the more you realise how big that play off final was. There's still far too much deadwood at this club, next season would have been painful if we had also likely lost Abraham, Grelaish and possibly even Mcginn. No chance of promotion whatsoever.

It would certainly of been tough, Norwich managed it after losing their best players but that is certainly the exception and not the rule. The problem would of been our wage budget more than anything, it's hard to build a team to wage structure when hamstrung by players on big money who you aren't going to play.

We may of had to play Hogan had we not gone up, maybe even McCormack... there's a chilling thought...

6 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I mean at least there's a chance he might play if he doesn't fall apart, but whoever negotiated the wages for these players needs a serious paddling...

I wouldn’t offer Keith Wyness anything he would enjoy.

• Haha 3

I can see him leaving the club as a makeweight for someone that we are pursuing, my hopes would be either a deal with Brentford for Maupay and a return to the Bees for Scott or a deal involving Jack Marriott from Derby (not just because he scored against us) he has impressed me every time I have seen him and would be an obvious upgrade given Hogans' Villa form.

Cardiff need a striker. As do Huddersfield. And Fulham when Mitrovic does one.

So do West Brom. And Stoke. 

I still think Staff United may sign him, but we need to set a deadline.

Otherwise, perhaps a free transfer to make sure we get his wages put of the club.

4 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I can see him leaving the club as a makeweight for someone that we are pursuing, my hopes would be either a deal with Brentford for Maupay and a return to the Bees for Scott or a deal involving Jack Marriott from Derby (not just because he scored against us) he has impressed me every time I have seen him and would be an obvious upgrade given Hogans' Villa form.

I agree - I have felt for some time that Scott will end up at Griffin park once more.

Maupay worried me for a while with his attitude, however he now seems to have moved past the stage - when he wanted to cause a riot evetytime he stepped on a football pitch - I'd be happy if we could strike a deal along these lines.

• Like 1

Hope he can find himself a move. Would be a shame for him to rot in the reserves for a season, he doesn't deserve that.

But there's no chance he'll contribute in the Premier League so all parties need to find him a move to the Championship.

• Like 1

Hogan needs a run of games , we can't compare him in anyway to McCormack! If he can stay injury free I could see him scoring in the championship , best bet is a loan deal to a team who will actually play him and give him a run of games until he finds form .

Â