Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Hard to follow the full backs on TV, because so much of the work they do is off the ball, so I'm interested to know from people who've been to more games than me what Taylor's workrate has been like up and down the wing. Does he look like he gives a shit?

Edited by KentVillan

20 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Hard to follow the full backs on TV, because so much of the work they do is off the ball, so I'm interested to know from people who've been to more games than me what Taylor's workrate has been like up and down the wing. Does he look like he gives a shit?

Up and down the wing? It's usually just down and at an ambling pace.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Does he look like he gives a shit?

In a word, "No", but I'm not sure that he's a player that ever looks like he's giving it all he's got - when he's playing well, his body language and demeanour is still pretty relaxed. He's not looking like he's busting a gut, but that on its own isn't the be all and end all for him I think. 

He is a pile of shit. Always look forward to second halves more as he is usually on the other side of the pitch and I don't need to look at his moronic stare of confusion when the ball is at his feet and he can't work out he is free to pass to any of the 7 players in front of him.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's really really bad.

I think that’s being nice unfortunately. 

When he signed I thought he was a solid if unspectacular player. Probably what we needed at the time. However his career has taken a real nose dive in the last 12months +.

Guess it’s the age which gets everyone in the end. But he’s one of those where it’s difficult to believe he’s actually getting paid to do this for a job. 

About 4 half chances came to Ipswich from this fuckhead passing the ball to them under no pressure passing the ball blindly backwards to players under pressure and getting caught on the ball. He is **** shite and I really do hate him.

I expect he is one of those players you hear who don't like football they just happened to be 'good' at it. He doesn't possess the most basic of technique/weight of pass that most 10 year olds learn kicking a  ball against a wall. Did he even play football as a kid?

Edited by rodders0223

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

About 4 half chances came to Ipswich from this fuckhead passing the ball to them under no pressure passing the ball blindly backwards to players under pressure and getting caught on the ball. He is **** shite and I really do hate him.

I expect he is one of those players you hear who don't like football they just happened to be 'good' at it. He doesn't possess the most basic of technique/weight of pass that most 10 year olds learn kicking a  ball against a wall. Did he even play football as a kid?

I’m starting to think you don’t rate Taylor, Rodders. 

16 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Played very well yeaterday but that didn’t stop the idiots behind me slagging him off every time he was on the ball. I’m not a fan of his but he deserves credit for his performance yesterday.

Problem is, his "playing very well" is still subpar. Absolute liability going forward, and quite often defensively too. 

I Thought he was pretty useless as always. He didn’t do anything that directly led to us conceding which was a welcome improvement over recent weeks but he is still a terrible player. 

I put not replacing him in Jan as on par with what happened at CB in Summer. An utterly baffling result for the club which will cost us dearly. A major black mark against Suso in my book. 

I can’t fault his effort last few games but he is unfortunately a limited player.

Like so many of our players he struggles when put under pressure and he has no acceleration. We have so many players that cant hand a little bit of physical pressure. Very lightweight team. 

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

A lot better yesterday and I've been a huge critic of his. Bit of competition should be very good for him.

It would actually be bad for him tbh. Our second choice left back could be an empty packet of skips and I would take that over him.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It would actually be bad for him tbh. Our second choice left back could be an empty packet of skips and I would take that over him.

Well if it's good for us, then that's all that matters. If he plays like he did against Reading for the rest of the season, I'll be much happier with him.

• Like 1

Â