Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Showed a lot of character this week really like the look of him as a player really solid does not spectacular but doesn't too much wrong a while since we have had a left back like that.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2017 at 11:27, Zatman said:

glad he played well yesterday.

Dont want to go over old ground but some of tackles by Everton players yesterday were as bad as Taylors and not a mention in media

Not just Everton, maybe it was because of the Taylor/Coleman incident but I noticed a glut of awful tackles over the weekend that on another day could easily have resulted in a broken leg and I'd strongly argue that they were more reckless and carried more intent than the Taylor one on Coleman.

On 1 April 2017 at 17:01, AVTuco said:

How did Taylor do, and was he supported or booed?

I noticed a definite increase of praise from the home crowd for Neil's good play moments (plus the early throw in, as already mentioned). I suspect the increased support was to ward off any stick he might have got for his footballing misjudgment. As it turned out, there was no stick from anyone in the ground (well Norwich is pretty far east!), so I think most were pleased the exaggerated criticism had been left on social media. Back in the real world, Taylor had a solid game and was probably glad to get a full game under his belt without having face any high speed 50/50's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I noticed a definite increase of praise from the home crowd for Neil's good play moments (plus the early throw in, as already mentioned). I suspect the increased support was to ward off any stick he might have got for his footballing misjudgment. As it turned out, there was no stick from anyone in the ground (well Norwich is pretty far east!), so I think most were pleased the exaggerated criticism had been left on social media. Back in the real world, Taylor had a solid game and was probably glad to get a full game under his belt without having face any high speed 50/50's.

This is a great change to be honest, it shows that we are coming together as a club, bond with players, management, ownership, and fans is spectacularly underrated!

• Like 3

Solid, no nonsense and gets the job done. Very much in the mould of his manager from that perspective. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Farlz said:

The last couple games have made me notice he's quite an important player for us.

Fully agree, simple no frills footballer...and we look so much more solid with him in th side.

Hope Bruce can find a few more of these in the summer, should make things a lot simpler next season.

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It is also showing that we have no reliable depth in key positions. Jedinak, chester/Baker and Kodjia get injuries and we turn to absolute turd.

There have been too many players at the club for far too long who are blatently not good enough, e.g. Amavi, Bacuna, Gardener, Hutton, Gabby, etc.. We usually end up giving them new contracts rather than getting rid. 

46 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Seems a little haunted ,by that whole Coleman incident ,which ,for me , kind of shows there was no intent .

Or that he did intend to go in hard and "leave something on him" (possibly on the advice of his manager at halftime who *might* have suggested that his team fight fire with fire) and is now haunted with regret due to the severe damage that he inflicted.

Edited by villa89

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It is also showing that we have no reliable depth in key positions. Jedinak, chester/Baker and Kodjia get injuries and we turn to absolute turd.

Up till a couple of months back we had no 1st team! 

These things take time!

• Like 1

Â