Neil Taylor

One For The Road

He shouldn't be punished for something he did on international break. I saw the tackle numerous times. Studs not showing, and his tackle had force. It sucks, but Taylor didn't mean to hurt Coleman. He shouldn't get booed by any fans especially ours. 

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He shouldn't be punished for something he did on international break. I saw the tackle numerous times. Studs not showing, and his tackle had force. It sucks, but Taylor didn't mean to hurt Coleman. He shouldn't get booed by any fans especially ours. 

Asking a lot, when the hatred levels are so high simply for a player not good enough. This will be a wonderful thing for those who love to hate our own players.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, terrytini said:

What a fantastic last ditch tackle he made second half. Top top drawer. 

Considering the week he's had that showed great character ( and presumably great management).

Very glad to hear it. I didn't want him to play, but it sounds like he proved me wrong (again). This signing is working out better than I expected. 

I was concerned when I saw his name on the sheet. Played well and vindicated Bruce's decision.

Probably stopped us losing with that block at the end. Absolutely monumental turning point.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2017 at 13:42, BOF said:

It has been an interesting few days being an Irish Villa fan in all of this.  Without exception in this whole debate no matter which side I've been discussing it with, if I hold an opinion that's different to theirs then I'm immediately dismissed as being biased.  It's like you couldn't possibly hold a different opinion to their one without there being some underlying prejudicial motive behind it.

Talking amongst my Irish friends, I'm accused of wearing claret & blue specs if I don't villify him enough.  Talking on here I'm accused of Irish bias if I come across as being too critical of him.  It's actually quite sad (and quite revealing) that people i) struggle to look at something like that impartially, and then ii) refuse to believe that someone else might have that ability and might disagree with them on it.

"Oh you don't agree with me?  You don't validate my opinions?  Well I'm certainly not wrong so you must be biased."  Ego intact.

Irish bias.....are you serious:)......Have you seen the St Pats parade in Brum, every year.

Like me there are legions and legions of Irish or Irish decent in this city.

my old Pop was a Dublin man, who introduced me to the passion, in the 50's.....like so many Villa Fans with Irish in them.

BOF if anything its the Welsh in Birmingham that would be the minority.....bless them.

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

glad he played well yesterday.

Dont want to go over old ground but some of tackles by Everton players yesterday were as bad as Taylors and not a mention in media

Barkleys tackle on Lovren was awful. Agreed. It was high, but Taylor's was still a lot higher that any tackle yesterday which is my issue with it.

Â