Neil Taylor

One For The Road

He plays as if he almost doesn't have to pump the ball into the crowd at every opportunity. A change of direction, letting the ball roll across your path and opening your body up. So simple yet why is only one of a few capable..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Solid as a rock - makes the defense far better .

Couldn't agree more, the kid is a fantastic player. 

My 12yr old has just been moved to to fullback, much to his annoyance, because at that age they just want to score. At today's game i was making him watch Taylor and Hutton closely and pointing the differences between the 2. 

Now i don't want to stray off topic, and I'm certainly not trying to bash Hutton here, but Taylor understands the postion much more than AH. My boy was often complimentary of Hutton when he went bombing forward, 10 seconds later when Blues broke down the left and Hutton was ambling back from right wing, I'd say to my boy 'you see a problem here mate?

Conversely, Taylor plays the position fantastically well. He gets forward when he can, but his positional play is great. He knows his job and does it well. 

Very good signing. A lot of VT thought we'd had our pants pulled down in the deal that took Ayew to Swansea.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't see it, but it sounds like he played very well: can anyone confirm?

Yep. Very assured. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't see it, but it sounds like he played very well: can anyone confirm?

He was very good. He didn't actually do anything brilliant in terms of getting forward, or brilliant last ditch tackles, he's just very, very, solid. 

His positional sense is great, he got forward when he could but understands his primary job is to defend, and he does it bloody well. The bloke is going to be great for us. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Couldn't agree more, the kid is a fantastic player. 

My 12yr old has just been moved to to fullback, much to his annoyance, because at that age they just want to score. At today's game i was making him watch Taylor and Hutton closely and pointing the differences between the 2. 

Now i don't want to stray off topic, and I'm certainly not trying to bash Hutton here, but Taylor understands the postion much more than AH. My boy was often complimentary of Hutton when he went bombing forward, 10 seconds later when Blues broke down the left and Hutton was ambling back from right wing, I'd say to my boy 'you see a problem here mate?

Conversely, Taylor plays the position fantastically well. He gets forward when he can, but his positional play is great. He knows his job and does it well. 

Very good signing. A lot of VT thought we'd had our pants pulled down in the deal that took Ayew to Swansea.

And we have just not missed him.

Â