Neil Taylor

One For The Road

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It could be the end of his career mate. How much of a sociopath do you have to be to not sympathise with him? Jesus. 

There was me saying I wasn't going to comment on Coleman then I read that. I hope anyone else reading it realises not all Villa fans feel that way.

I didnt mean it in any other way than to say that it is, after all, an injury to a footballer. Some of the vitriol directed at our player for a really unfortunate and non intentional injury is, in my view, misplaced. There are far more serious things that get overlooked by society on a daily basis and I feel this has been given too much air time. Thats all I meant.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It wasnt my intention.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I didnt mean it in any other way than to say that it is, after all, an injury to a footballer. Some of the vitriol directed at our player for a really unfortunate and non intentional injury is, in my view, misplaced. There are far more serious things that get overlooked by society on a daily basis and I feel this has been given too much air time. Thats all I meant.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It wasnt my intention.

That's a straw man argument. If somebody's cat dies you don't tell them to man up because there are kids starving in Africa. You show a bit of compassion.

You didn't really offend me. I just thought it was a tad embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Just now, DK82 said:

A scumbag tackle? Grow up.

So what, just because he plays for the Villa were just going to ignore it. Maybe you should grow up yourself buddy, any blind man can see it was a scumbag tackle. He isnt excusable in this, lets not pretend he is. If someone did it to a Villa player, ye would be in uproar about it

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I can't come to the forum right now, I'm busy realising that a tackle was mistimed. If you'd like to leave a message after the beep, I'll get back to you.

beeeeeep.

Ah, yes just wanted to ask do you deliver?

• Like 1

On 25/03/2017 at 20:22, One For The Road said:

Seriously, after watching comic relief last night I think I'll save my "compassion" and "human empathy" for people who are dying of starvation as opposed to a multl millionaire footballer, who has injury that will keep him off work for a few months whilst still being paid a fortune.

I really think people are seriously overreacting to this and its pretty ridiculous.

Seriously? 

I didn't realise a bit of empathy was stored in a tank, not having some for one situation in order to provide it in another. 

Bonkers. 

Having money won't be of any comfort to anybody suffering a double leg break in the immediate short term. Nor does having some sympathy for the poor fecker mean that you can't feel any less compassion for the poor, starving children in Africa or any other part of the world for that matter. 

I don't find your point of view offensive, I just find it devoid of any sort of normal logical thinking. 

• Like 3

On the bright side it's one less player distracted by internationals and possibly injured when away - we need all the players we can get to achieve winning every single last game of the season. (tongue in cheek emoji - if one exists). 

Edited by Jareth

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's hardly a scumbag tackle - it's a misjudged 50-50.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not one of those where you look at it and he's gone in to 'do' the player - he's gone for a ball he can't get.

So less of a "50-50", more of a "0-100" then?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I've been badly injured and done my acl and cartilage. For the next 2 years it was horrible... having to watch people and mates play and not being able to join in anything. I'm not going to lie, I was bought to tears and was it not for a few really good mates and support of my family I would've locked myself away. Now, I'm not saying Coleman is like that, but he clearly loves the game. Imagine not being able to do the things you love wether it be injury or something else. 

A lot of you might think this is a bit stupid or something, but I know my dad suffered knee injuries during his career and he went through really rough patches. It can happen to anyone. It's a long, hard process recovering from something like this. It just depends how much compassion you want to show or if you want to be the tough man.

January last year I had the first signs of being ill. By March I had to reduce my work load and couldnt even manage a round of Golf. 1 year later I've started working again and played my 1st golf and just went for a jog.

I tell you, its a hard slog trying to get back to normal fitness, without unconditional support its mentally draining accepting the situation especially when you have setbacks.

I can really feel for the guy as he wont know whats to come. Best wishes to Coleman and I hope Taylor doesnt get scarred for it.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Haven't seen the tackle but Twitter and Facebook are demanding Tayls be hung, drawn and quartered in the middle of Aston Park on the back of the token mid-break photo still doing the rounds, so it must have been intentional, the evil evil bastard! 

We need to be clear what weight the word 'intentional' carries here.  Did he intend to break someone's leg?  No, of course he didn't.  But did he intend to 'leave one on' Coleman knowing he'd be 2nd to the ball?  Yes I believe he did, and I have that belief because he went in 2 footed with both feet off the ground in that scissor style that he's done before.  Once you do that, you've lost control and you've failed in your duty of care to your opponent.  Most of the time you get away without the bad consequence, but on the occasion when you don't, you've only yourself to blame.

• Like 1

The result of the tackle is a bit of a perfect storm tbh. Yes it was late and over the top but 99% of players in Colemans position would have tried to avoid it. What I have a always liked about Coleman as a player was his bravery and commitment. He plays at 100% and when that tackle occured he was swinging at the ball with huge momentum rather than thinking of self preservation. I can guarantee that if that was Stuart Downing for instance, his first thought would have been self preservation and second thought "can I win this ball". It was an unmovable object meeting an unstoppable force and the result was hugely unfortunate.

Also, for those folk believing it was deliberate, why would he do this? Getting a red card and banned for a tackle in an area of the pitch that was not an immediate threat, followed by the vilification of the righteous majority? Makes no sense. Putting in a tackle to properly hurt someone is usually driven by something personal and committed by a psycho (would love to hear Roy Keanes reaction to it) and is very rare in the modern game

Â