Neil Taylor

One For The Road

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How? Can you lot not comprehend the fact that Coleman went in with alot of force aided to the violence of the injury?

No one was trying to justify the tackle, just making a FACTUAL observation about the incident.

As someone else said terrible tackles go in all the time, and a number of variables affect whether the sustained injuries are minor, critical, shocking. Or if an injury is sustained at all.

If someone headbutts you, would the injury be more catastrophic if you were both headbutting each other at force at the same time, or if it was a one way headbutt?

Would you also be open minded and willing to consider that going in recklessly high when the ball is not on the floor ( watch it again if you disagree ) is also a variable in a leg break ? . Just asking your honest opinion. 

Mistimed tackle and late rather than malicious - sad to see for both parties as Taylor looked quite upset by it , nice to see Keane not react on the touch line too.

Edited by Eastie

When looking at this tackle, I'm not sure why some people have decided that they need to announce a worse tackle they can think of from the last 10-15 years. It's irrelevant and pointless.

If you remember a tackle for being bad, it's because of how bad it was, not because it's an acceptable, everyday part of the game. 

I just don't get the logic

Person 1: "that tackle on Coleman was horrendous the other night wasn't it?"

Person 2: "yeah it was, but do you remember that tackle for November 2011? Similar challenge but player tackled was okay, played on"

Person 1: "fantastic, I'll let Coleman know to get on the training field tomorrow and for UEFA to forget the ban in that case"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the injury is shocking; I'm not sure the tackle is.

Without the injury it'd be spoken of as reckless and would probably still have earned the red card, but it's not a tackle that people would talk about for weeks other than because of its result. Tackles like this produce bad injuries maybe one time in fifty - they're a bad judgement, a player reaching for a ball that was too far away at a speed that means there's a risk in the collision - bad judgment, not malice. 

E.g. Luc Nilis

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why would any Villa fan even give a **** that some Everton player got injured playing football. Unless you are Irish of course.

This is a contact sport, people get injured. So what?

Isn't it just basic human empathy?

**edit** pretty much what TRO said.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Isn't it just basic human empathy?

Seriously, after watching comic relief last night I think I'll save my "compassion" and "human empathy" for people who are dying of starvation as opposed to a multl millionaire footballer, who has injury that will keep him off work for a few months whilst still being paid a fortune.

I really think people are seriously overreacting to this and its pretty ridiculous.

Edited by One For The Road

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Rather our players be doing the breaking than getting broken legs in all honesty.

Remember Amavi had his leg broken?

Can we retroactively call for the player who broke his legs' blood?

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Seriously, after watching comic relief last night I think I'll save my "compassion" and "human empathy" for people who are dying of starvation as opposed to a multl millionaire footballer who had injury that will keep him off work for a few months whilst still being paid a fortune.

Wow......two wrongs, don't make one right.:(

your first comment is commendable......your second, cynical IMO.

He gets paid as a result of market forces......He is still suffering mate and may lose his career.

Poor comparison IMV.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wow......two wrongs, don't make one right.:(

your first comment is commendable......your second, cynical IMO.

He gets paid as a result of market forces......He is still suffering mate and may lose his career.

Poor comparison IMV.

I think we will have to just agree to disagree. He is a footballer. Footballers get injured. I am sure he will survive and I wont be losing any sleep over it.

• Like 1

He's done him. 

He might not have intended to break Coleman's leg (only thugs like Keane, Barton and Jones are truly that vile) but when you go over the ball like that, it's not a misstimed tackle. 

You catch an opponent that high up his leg and the ball is a secondary consideration. 

We don't like to think of our players as capable of behaving that way, but last night Taylor did. 

Bale had done the exact thing only moments earlier and only got a yellow, so it seems like Wales had been instructed to step up the rough stuff second half.  I'm pretty certain Chris Coleman wasn't calling for broken legs, but there we are.

He'll now have two of his better players missing in probably the hardest away game in the group and tossed away the chance of three points last night when Ireland pre sending off were there for the taking. 

Edited by HolteExile

Â