Neil Taylor

One For The Road

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a horrible tackle, but are we seriously questioning if his intention was to snap his leg in half or not?

:rolleyes:

I'm sure his intention wasn't to snap his leg.

It's just that when you make a tackle like that the risk of it happening is rather big.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'm sure his intention wasn't to snap his leg.

It's just that when you make a tackle like that the risk of it happening is rather big.

Well i'm sure it will affect him as a player himself, which can't be god for him or us.

Will be less willing to make last ditch tackles etc with that hovering all over his mind.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well i'm sure it will affect him as a player himself, which can't be god for him or us.

Will be less willing to make last ditch tackles etc with that hovering all over his mind.

Yeah, it's bad for everyone involved.

Obviously for Coleman first and foremost, but I'm sure Taylor is really beat-up about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he never makes a challenge like that playing for Villa I will be more than happy. The sound of bones snapping is not my favourite.

• Like 1

How 'devastated' Neil Taylor tried to apologise to Seamus Coleman after the Ireland v Wales match

The Everton man was stretchered off after breaking his leg, and Wales boss Coleman has said devastated Taylor went into Ireland's changing rooms to apologise for his shocking challenge

Wales manager Chris Coleman has revealed Neil Taylor sought out Ireland captain Seamus Coleman in the changing rooms after his horror tackle left the Everton man with a broken leg.

The Ireland full-back had to be withdrawn from the pitch after Taylor's challenge in the 69th minute of his side's 0-0 World Cup qualifying draw with Wales at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

Taylor has been heavily criticised for the tackle on social media, while players and fans have flooded the Everton defender with messages of support.

But Wales boss Coleman has revealed that Taylor is devastated by his actions and that the Aston Villa man went into Ireland's changing room after the match to apologise for the horror challenge.

"Sadly for Seamus it looks like a bad one," said Wales boss Coleman.

"Neil Taylor is not that type of player. He's had a serious injury himself. He's a great boy and a cracking lad.

"Neil Taylor is devastated himself but that's not going to make Seamus feel any better.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-devastated-neil-taylor-tried-12796891

Of course he was trying to win the ball, but he showed that he's willing to perform incredibly dangerous acts that risk devastating injury to opposition players in order to do so.

As a footballer you have a duty of care to everyone else on the pitch and Taylor threw that out the window. He'll have to live with that for the rest of his career and the reputation that will come with it

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

lol

cropped_4892903.jpg

We may have to consider the possibility that he really is either 'that type of player' or he's just incredibly clumsy and reckless with his feet in the proximity of fellow professionals. 

5698817.png?type=article-full

If you watch that tackle you can clearly see that Coleman went for the ball with a lot more momentum than Taylor and that's why his leg is broken. That's not a slight on Coleman but a fact. Taylor is clearly in the wrong for having his foot up so high and missing the ball but it's Coleman's momentum that cost him. That's not excusing Taylor or laying the blame at Coleman, of course. Just saying that these things happen in contact sports when people collide at full speed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/joe-allen-this-is-how-neil-taylor-reacted-in-dressing-room-after-coleman-horror-tackle/

Really not looking forward to all the sensationalised hyperbole, and him being turned into a thug.

Boxers have died in the ring.

Rugby players break their necks.

Footballers risk injuries, namely to obviously their feet!

If that was a game he was playing for us, and he could have made a tackle to stop a forward getting through on goal, but ran beside him instead of sliding in leading to him scoring we would be furious.

It's a contact sport ffs not badminton.

Now we are going to put together a snippet of selected photos and incidents to paint a picture.

Literally just like tabloids or biased news networks.

Read comments from a number of mentally retarded people online saying things like he should be banned for 'life' or banned for as long as it takes Coleman to recover LOL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Read comments from a number of mentally retarded people online saying things like he should be banned for 'life' or banned for as long as it takes Coleman to recover LOL.

Can't believe how many people I've seen genuinely suggest this

Â