Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

Offers very little going forward. I think sitting infront of the back four suits him the best. He works hard.. gets stuck in and can pass the ball forward. Out wide does not suit him. 

• Like 1

He should never ever for any reason play out wide. 

If he's not in the middle he should not be in the team. If we're desperate play Bunn on the wing, he would be no worse. 

• Like 2

I find it difficult to dislike anyone that runs their socks off. Not great but he at least tries. Prefer him to Onamah for that reason alone. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He is shit.

I don't think he's good at all, and he was atrocious first half. Bruce must be a glutton for punishment, playing him on the left. How he can have watched Bjarnason fail to beat Peterborough's right back once in a dozen or more attempts and not realised he simply can't play on the wing I don't know. 

That being said, he did improve significantly when he was moved into the middle in the second half, and if Davis had passed it to him rather than blasting it at him at warp speed when he was through on goal, we might be talking about a performance capped with the game-winning goal. 

• Like 4

We looked so much better when he went to CM. Before that Pearson was winning every second ball and dominating our midfield. Thor gave us the legs and work rate in the middle in the second half we lacked in the first half. I would definitely play him there against Sheff Wed.

13 hours ago, Danishlad said:

Why on earth has Bruce put him back on the wing?? 

He is a really good def mid playmaker and contributed greatly to the winning run. To put him back on the wing is beyond belief.  

Exactly this. With Bjarnason as a holding midfielder alongside 2 others, we created plenty, got the ball wide often and looked a threat.

Putting Jedinak in there and shoving Bjarnason out wide has completely killed it. We haven’t looked like scoring against Fulham or Preston from open play - this is a massive reason why. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

He is a very limited player who’s limitations are currently being exacerbated by the Manager. How Bruce has started him left in two games after what we’ve seen from him out there previously is simply baffling.

Having said that, second half he did a  decent enough job for the most part and certainly put effort in that was sadly lacking from Hourihane.

For me though, put him back where he played in some of our winning run, drop Jedi, and depending who is still injured get one or more of Grabban, Davies, Lansbury and O Hare in the side.

Post of the day for me - totally agree. 

The pity yesterday, especially in the first half was that he was the only player in midfield putting in the energy to get into dangerous situations, unfortunately he didn't have the calmness or quick enough feet to do anything about it once he got there. Onomah on the other hand has very quick feet and a lot of natural ability, but spent the first half enjoying watching Birkir run while he finished a sandwich.

On 21/02/2018 at 21:39, Taxahunter said:

How Bjarnarson and Onomah is preferred ahead of Lansbury, in the CM position, I really dont understand

Lansbury is shit. Besides scoring the debut goal last time he subbed on he's been utter wank. Now I understand Forest fans I know that not bothered when we bought him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lansbury is shit. Besides scoring the debut goal last time he subbed on he's been utter wank. Now I understand Forest fans I know that not bothered when we bought him

He hasn’t been any worse than Onomah or Birkir. In fact when we talk CM, he has been miles better and offering more 

Â