Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

He hasn’t been any worse than Onomah or Birkir. In fact when we talk CM, he has been miles better and offering more 

That's just not true. His absence in our good run has been telling. How many games has he played this season without looking? I swear people have this imaginary view of Lansbury

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's just not true. His absence in our good run has been telling. How many games has he played this season without looking? I swear people have this imaginary view of Lansbury

Ok, so you think our good run has been more to do with Lansbury not being in the team, than Grealish, Adomah and Snodgrass picking up form??? 

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

Ok, so you think our good run has been more to do with Lansbury not being in the team, than Grealish, Adomah and Snodgrass picking up form??? 

Not mutually exclusive. Lansbury has been consistently shit in a Villa shirt. It's the same old nonsense that bad player gets better in some minds the longer they don't play

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not mutually exclusive. Lansbury has been consistently shit in a Villa shirt. It's the same old nonsense that bad player gets better in some minds the longer they don't play

That’s simply not true, he hasn’t been any better or any worse than our other players, it just happens that he was out of the team during the good run, mostly due to injury. Actually he was in the team and playing well up to our good run, before getting injured. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to have lost his dm position to Whelan and a fit Jedinak. Personally against wolves I would put him back in there. His mobility against their midfield will be far more effective than Jedinak who won’t be able to keep up with them.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

On 07/03/2018 at 20:50, mikeyp102 said:

Seems to have lost his dm position to Whelan and a fit Jedinak. Personally against wolves I would put him back in there. His mobility against their midfield will be far more effective than Jedinak who won’t be able to keep up with them.

Was going to say the same. Energy is needed and we just cant go 2 dm from the start.

BB passes normally better, runs harder, tracks back more than Jedi 

We need to look for the win from the off as trying to soak it up and catch them on the break for a 1 nil win is not going to work.

57 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

BB passes normally better, runs harder, tracks back more than Jedi 

I'm not sure I agree with any of these. I guess BB "runs harder".

But I CERTAINLY disagree with BB passes better. That's not true at all, imo.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure I agree with any of these. I guess BB "runs harder".

But I CERTAINLY disagree with BB passes better. That's not true at all, imo.

Jedi and BB playing dm, BB passing in my view is far greater than jedi. 

Winning a header but then losing possession is something that will keep happening against wolves if we go with jedi.

Their midfielders pass and move and unless we have energy in the dm role we will be cut through time after time.

Dont get me wrong, i think BB has been dog dirt in any position bar dm however he releases the ball quicker and it tends to stay on the floor, something when we do we do it well and starts off attacks. He like our other dm options are prone to holding the ball too long and then making a woeful pass however he has the speed and energy to recover from it where as jedi doesnt.

Free kicks are another worry as anything around 25 yards from goal they will have a pop, i can see jedi getting played for free kicks far more than BB in this game.

Jedi for all his strengths is a ball winner and strong tackler but offers little else against skillful pacey midfielders who are all composed on the ball.

Having someone able to release it and then keep up with play gives us a more attacking dm.

• Like 1

Â