James Bree

Barney_avfc

17 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Out of position for the goal, but he's not called Alan Hutton so I don't suppose it matters. 

This makes me laugh! 

The amount of mistakes that he gets away with for simply being 'alunutton' is amazing at times.

If Elmo made half the mistakes there would be a witch hunt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I thought he was poor after the firsts 10 minutes. His passing was atrocious, the amount of times he tried speculative cross field balls only for it to go nowhere near out players.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

He was very good today. Did well at right back and deserves a run in the team. 

2 hours ago, villatillidie1980 said:

I thought he played well today. Started the move for the second goal too

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I didnt think he played well at all today, surprised at the responses on here.

Crazy how people see the same game differently.

Although SChteve did say it was a great game of football.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Out of position for the goal, but he's not called Alan Hutton so I don't suppose it matters. 

The issue was that both fullbacks were out of position at the same time. Normally when one is bombing forward the other would drop back to provide cover so that the 3 man defence can spread itself across the vacated space. 

i can understand why bree was out of position as the ball was on his side of the pitch and he was following the runner (in the absence of a midfield that seemed bothered to do this) but Hutton’s positioning was absolutely criminal. Only reason this idiot should get to stay in the squad post January is that he can cover (I say that very loosely) both full back positions in event of a red card or injuries.

• Like 1

I think he’s beginning to show why Bruce brought him to the football club, starting to look like a proper player, can play both centre back and right back, I don’t know where he’ll end up long term. It’s taken him a while to settle here but he’s showing his worth here, I hope he stays at right back for the next match 

• Like 1

Bree did well....for Bree. We’ve been numbed into thinking he played well based on the shit the others serve up at fullback every week. He did OK.

Ive not seen anything to suggest he’s our long term right back and certainly nothing to suggest he will amount to anything above championship level.

We need to buy 4 defenders in Jan and both Full Backs need to be replaced.

Â