Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Well would you look at that, the Conor cycle strikes again. Scores a set piece, everyone demands he's in the team, performs shit.. IMAGINE MY SHOCK. 

The bloke is **** useless and I'll say it time and time again. It's a joke that he still keeps getting these chances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Well would you look at that, the Conor cycle strikes again. Scores a set piece, everyone demands he's in the team, performs shit.. IMAGINE MY SHOCK. 

The bloke is **** useless and I'll say it time and time again. It's a joke that he still keeps getting these chances. 

We got no-one else better, Luiz and Nakambe together is a tragedy, Conor is a goal threat.

That said, he might as well not been on today. 

I expect Smith thought we would be on the front foot against Southampton, so Connor got his fairly usual start against the other bottom sides. Invisible as expected but harsh to single him out in a poor team display but we just can’t afford to carry him. He only wants the ball when he is in loads of space and can’t impose himself on a game at this level. Great left foot or not, he shouldn’t be near the first team starting line up.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The only appropriate summary of his career is 'spineless'.

Fixed. 

The most spineless midfielder I've ever seen. 

All this criticism, yet of our eight wins this season he's started seven of those scoring six goals and getting two assists. I don't think he's great, but I hate to say it but our other midfielders McGInn aside, aren't any better, and even McGinn hasn't been any better recently. Unfairly made a scapegoat every time he plays and we don't win.

• Like 3

Problem is he's very easy to bypass in a press. We saw it in the play off final v Fulham and it's happened v top teams in this league. Ultimately against slower teams like Newcastle he can get on the ball more and get us moving.

Still I think he's a decent squad player and if the worst happens he's obviously a good player to have back starting regularly in the championship so just typing get rid is a bit silly considering he has contributed goals and assists this season as Useless states.

• Like 1

Yesterday was dreadful but he has been a good player for us.

The problem is that football is all about levels and Hourihane isn't a Premier League player. Basically he has a Premier League left foot but everything else about his skill set is Championship level at best.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yesterday was dreadful but he has been a good player for us.

The problem is that football is all about levels and Hourihane isn't a Premier League player. Basically he has a Premier League left foot but everything else about his skill set is Championship level at best.

Problem is that our other options are not any better.

Â