Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Thats all that matters, technically i was right as you say.

Technically what he did was strike an opponent, the force is irrelevant as the law says, it was an aggressive act.

On the pub scenario you're probably right but afterwards if the guy called the police and showed them footage then you would be probably be charged with battery. 

Dont understand why people are saying "ah but Klich didnt go down or flinch" maybe Hourihane is soft, doesnt mean intent wasnt there 

and him with Theft....if there was CCTV?....Judging by todays standards, there probably would be.

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

What's really interesting is the Leeds fans are moaning that Conor has got away Scot free and Grealish cheated by diving every 5 minutes so should have been carded, and even accusing him of punching Klich or grabbing him round the throat (when it was neither) but it doesn't seem to have occured that if they had done what we did and kicked the ball out that they could have won the game, Bamford wouldn't be missing the first leg of the semi final and the game would be completely forgotten now...........

takes all sorts.....to form a view.

30 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Thats all that matters, technically i was right as you say.

Technically what he did was strike an opponent, the force is irrelevant as the law says, it was an aggressive act.

On the pub scenario you're probably right but afterwards if the guy called the police and showed them footage then you would be probably be charged with battery. 

Dont understand why people are saying "ah but Klich didnt go down or flinch" maybe Hourihane is soft, doesnt mean intent wasnt there 

All this aside Leeds tried to target some of our players all game with 1970 style tackles 👍you have bottled it after thinking your in the prem already! I hope we get you in the final if we get there cos Leeds showed what a bunch of cheating bastards they are, and that will have give our team all the motivation we need for Wembley! UTV

47 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Looks to me like he grabs his shirt in a very aggressive way. Not punching? But tilted glasses and all that. 

unless Conor has a very weak punch or Klich has a stomach made of iron then I think you are right

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

You're right my mistake.

But i would have thought "excessive force" in that situation was any force at all, didnt need to touch him.

Anyway little point debating it tbf now, just feels like once again to us another seemingly clear (to us) situation of violent conduct has gone against us.

Ignoring your last point, which under the circumstances is a bit silly especially considering Cooper should have walked for his 'tackle' on Grealish well before any of this, I agree any force at all there is excessive and I'm surprised Conor hasn't been retrospectively banned. 

I think there are some claret and blue specs glued to faces in this thread. 

• Like 2

That's never a punch. The complete absence of a reaction from the guy being punched is more than enough evidence in itself. Being punched is something you'd naturally react to regardless of the situation, even more so on a football pitch.

• Like 1

A punch? Really? There might have been more contact in El Ghazis devastating elbow on Babyface. And if Hourihane gets a ban, so should Cooper. Could have been a leg breaker.

While we're there, how about action for getting in the refs face every time he legitimately called a foul on the dirty ****. He even missed half of them, including a penalty. The last thing Leeds should feel is hard done by.

Jesus Christ. Talk about trying to deflect the issue. Cheating bastard Leeds player gets what he deserves. Actually he should be banned for more than 2 games and made to play in a nappy for 10 games.

The biggest laugh I've seen related to all this is that some Leeds fans think there's a conspiracy to keep them in the Championship as they're a cash cow. I shit you not.

Looks like sone Leeds fans haven’t had the email.

Leeds official line is “Bielsa is a saint for giving Villa a goal back - he recognises the nobility of the English game and has thus captured the moral high ground”.

It really really is a bad idea for Leeds fans to start picking over the details of the 5 minute melee. You  may not come out smelling quite so sweet as Bielsa has managed to achieve for you.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

I haven't seen anything to suggest Conor threw a punch. That video that keeps getting posted is not a punch.

Conor was way too aggressive in that situation, but what people seem to be missing is he got booked for it.

The referee saw the incident in general and gave Conor a yellow card.

The only thing the EFL can retrospectively punish him for is anything the referee didn't see and therefore didn't punish. If the only thing the referee hasn't seen is that grainy video that doesn't show a punch but some people think is a punch, then it's no surprise no action was taken

• Like 3

Â