Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

so what's your take on Bamford?.....I thought he was luckiest of all.

What's your take on the linesman?, who clearly seen a figment of his imagination,with Bamfords Dive, like the offside, he didn't see.

That was one of the worst cases of a miscarriage of justice in football I have witnessed......Only when the team who were being bullied, stood up for itself did the retribution start.

Conor set the tone for fair play and they just spat in our faces ( metaphorically speaking) how the masses can't see that, amazes me.....The " Gift " has tainted everyone's( not our fans) view of that game....The damage was done way before that and that gift only went someway to rectifying it....Their (Leeds)mindset was wrong going in to that game in terms of playing a fair game of football.

Worth another posting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

so what's your take on Bamford?.....I thought he was luckiest of all.

What's your take on the linesman?, who clearly seen a figment of his imagination,with Bamfords Dive, like the offside, he didn't see.

That was one of the worst cases of a miscarriage of justice in football I have witnessed......Only when the team who were being bullied, stood up for itself did the retribution start.

Conor set the tone for fair play and they just spat in our faces ( metaphorically speaking) how the masses can't see that, amazes me.....The " Gift " has tainted everyone's( not our fans) view of that game....The damage was done way before that and that gift only went someway to rectifying it....Their (Leeds)mindset was wrong going in to that game in terms of playing a fair game of football.

Hear hear

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

what's your take on Bamford?.....I thought he was luckiest of all.

He will be banned and rightly so, Don't get your point? 

16 minutes ago, brommy said:

What's your take on the linesman?, who clearly seen a figment of his imagination,with Bamfords Dive, 

20 minutes ago, brommy said:

like the offside, he didn't see.

Not offside, look at the still images when level not behind shot. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Conor set the tone for fair play and they just spat in our faces

He raised his arm and punched an opponent, Banged to rights letter of the law its violent conduct no matter how weak the punch was. 

Obviously lino didn't see it so hence the charge of "successfully deception of an official" 

I would be saying exactly the same thing if one of there players had punched one of ours so take off the claret and blue specks mate.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Didnt expect that to be honest, Lucky boy IMO, Blatant jab to the gut that was caught by the cameras. 

I think Klich would have made more of a jab to the gut. Don’t you think?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Obviously lino didn't see it so hence the charge of "successfully deception of an official" 

I would be saying exactly the same thing if one of there players had punched one of ours so take off the claret and blue specks mate.

Anyone will tell you....I have a very objective view towards my club, so claret and blue specs would be a very contentious view aimed at me .....In fact I have to explain myself for being objective at times towards Villa.....so rose coloured specs, got the wrong man Guv.

My point was......When there was clearly more deceitful actions by their players.....you choose to pick up on ours....Your view granted.....but strange for a Villa fan IMO....I chose to see the injustices against us first.

So you know the Linesman didn't see it? or do you take it ,he didn't give it, so didn't see it?( there is a difference) or it wasn't offside, I thought 2 players were off....if he was so unclear about Bamfords claims, thinking he was sure....I have doubts about the man.

Do you think Leeds fans would have chosen to ignore/dismiss our centre forward going down (as if being hit by a snipers bullet) after conning the ref and getting one of their players sent off....and instead calling out their man for a shirt pulling incident, to be banned, quite unusual take for a Villa Fan( didn't see the punch so can't comment on it, quite handy sometimes isn't it).? No I don't think Leeds fans would be so benevolent with that.

Conor reacted to an incident that would have any players blood boiling.

I guess we all see things the way we want to.

• Thanks 1

Bamford got what he deserved Hourihane didnt.

He clearly struck Klich, a punch, a hit, whatever it wasnt necessary and the rules state  "Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made".

Its clearly an aggressive action.

But then again Canos headbutted Ali and that wasnt violent either. 🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, TRO said:

Anyone will tell you....I have a very objective view towards my club, so claret and blue specs would be a very contentious view aimed at me .....In fact I have to explain myself for being objective at times towards Villa.....so rose coloured specs, got the wrong man Guv.

My point was......When there was clearly more deceitful actions by their players.....you choose to pick up on ours....Your view granted.....but strange for a Villa fan IMO....I chose to see the injustices against us first.

So you know the Linesman didn't see it? or do you take it ,he didn't give it, so didn't see it?( there is a difference) or it wasn't offside, I thought 2 players were off....if he was so unclear about Bamfords claims, thinking he was sure....I have doubts about the man.

Do you think Leeds fans would have chosen to ignore/dismiss our centre forward going down (as if being hit by a snipers bullet) after conning the ref and getting one of their players sent off....and instead calling out their man for a shirt pulling incident, to be banned, quite unusual take for a Villa Fan( didn't see the punch so can't comment on it, quite handy sometimes isn't it).? No I don't think Leeds fans would be so benevolent with that.

Conor reacted to an incident that would have any players blood boiling.

I guess we all see things the way we want to.

Who said I'm injustice against us soft lad, I'm just stating facts, He raised his arm and punched him in the gut!..

We moan like **** because the inconsistency is shocking, He punched him, its violent conduct, so he broke the law. 

I'm struggling to see what you are really struggling with here mate. 

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

He clearly struck Klich, a punch, a hit, whatever it wasnt necessary and the rules state  "Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made".

I've watched this a few times (not in light of this comment) - I'm gonna throw out an Arsene and say I only saw him grab him by the lapels? 

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

I've watched this a few times (not in light of this comment) - I'm gonna throw out an Arsene and say I only saw him grab him by the lapels? 

Done now anyway, but if that isnt a hit what is he doing? 

I've watched it back, there is something that looks like a punch but its really slow and more of a push, albeit with a fist. If it's that which is being talked about then get outta here. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Didnt expect that to be honest, Lucky boy IMO, Blatant jab to the gut that was caught by the cameras. 

"Jab to the gut" The guy didn't even flinch.  If he had actually been punched in the belly, especially when not expecting it he would have been doubled over. 

I suspect he dummied a punch to show his displeasure and frustration. 

He was already booked by the ref for his part in the fracas so there was never a chance of any further punishment, the ref had already taken what he considered appropriate action.  The potential for further action was a complete non story. 

Edited by sidcow

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Technically you are right, but let's get the whole thing in perspective.

Its was Conor Hourihane who set the tone in the game, for " gentlemanly conduct" so he was affected the most....He is not that kinda player, so it was clearly out of character and motivated by circumstances that challenge a guy from the temperance society. in my view it was borne out frustration, where your guys seized an opportunity that was morally questionable and took advantage, giving scant regard for the consequences.

Question.....If you was in a pub and bought a guy a drink?....popped outside and when you come back he drunk yours but denied it....so you give him the benefit of the doubt....you buy another drink and pop off to the loo, when you come back he has drunk it again.I would guess if you gave him a dig in the guts, most of the pub would applaud.

Conor was actually the victim here Cjay.

33 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Who said I'm injustice against us soft lad, I'm just stating facts, He raised his arm and punched him in the gut!..

We moan like **** because the inconsistency is shocking, He punched him, its violent conduct, so he broke the law. 

I'm struggling to see what you are really struggling with here mate. 

You are struggling to see why a player who never resorts to this kind of behaviour?.....ever.?......but has faced extreme provocation and you have the front to call me "soft lad"......People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Concentrate your comments on what's done against us first, before you condemn your own players.

No one is saying it's right what Conor did......But I guess there is a case for anyone who feels injustice to react......look a bit further, you may see a bigger picture.

Ps Just seen a clip of the punch....It was so innocuous, it's embarrassing.....more like a poke.

pps Just a good job Duncan Ferguson or Vinnie Jones was not in our line up.....Then you would have seen what retribution really is....as opposed to handbags as what it was.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Why did your post quote me 4 times and yet I didn’t post any of them?

Based on the clips available, Conor’s a bit lucky imo. But I’m not aware of what evidence the panel have seen. Maybe there’s a view that shows it differently.

Regardless, I don’t think it would have been more than a one game ban anyway and it wouldn’t have been the end of the world had they suspended him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Based on the clips available, Conor’s a bit lucky imo. But I’m not aware of what evidence the panel have seen. Maybe there’s a view that shows it differently.

Regardless, I don’t think it would have been more than a one game ban anyway and it wouldn’t have been the end of the world had they suspended him.

Perhaps, they seen it like me and felt justice has been done?

• Like 1

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Maybe they asked Klich. 

• Like 2

Â