Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The funniest thing is that Bielsa obviously thought the goal shouldn't have stood because he gave it back.

The player who scored has apologised for it saying he didn't do the right thing.

The player who didn't put it out and played the through ball has apologised.

Yet the Leeds fans seem to think they're all wrong and it should have stood.

Weird.

It's cos they're Leeds fans.

When you're brought up supporting a club who are famous for being dirty cheating bastards it's no wonder.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yet the Leeds fans seem to think they're all wrong and it should have stood.

What can you expect then they're still bleating on about this "headbutt". 

Doesn't the ElGhazi/Bamford thing have a valuable lesson for everyone involved (us fans included) about acting on something that looks like it might have happened?

The video of Hourihane neither proves he hit him nor any of the other things people have guessed at in here.

Whataboutism at it's finest.

16 hours ago, Cjay said:

You're right my mistake.

But i would have thought "excessive force" in that situation was any force at all, didnt need to touch him.

Anyway little point debating it tbf now, just feels like once again to us another seemingly clear (to us) situation of violent conduct has gone against us.

Would you rather have been on the receiving end of Hourihane’s “punch” on Klich or Cooper’s “tackle” on Grealish?

Come back to me when you’ve thought about it and explain how “excessive force” works in both situations.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Would you rather have been on the receiving end of Hourihane’s “punch” on Klich or Cooper’s “tackle” on Grealish?

Come back to me when you’ve thought about it and explain how “excessive force” works in both situations.

Either, means im a professional footballer. 

I dont need time to think, there was absolutely no reason for Hourihane to touch Klich was there? So any force would be excessive.

No point going over this anymore tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I dont need time to think, there was absolutely no reason for Hourihane to touch Klich was there? So any force would be excessive.

So if a player isn't going to win the ball and is simply stopping an opponent going forward (say, Hernandez' clip on Andre Green) is that excessive force because there's no reason to touch him?  Just curious.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Looks like sone Leeds fans haven’t had the email.

Leeds official line is “Bielsa is a saint for giving Villa a goal back - he recognises the nobility of the English game and has thus captured the moral high ground”.

It really really is a bad idea for Leeds fans to start picking over the details of the 5 minute melee. You  may not come out smelling quite so sweet as Bielsa has managed to achieve for you.

Without a shadow of doubt......smart move by him , I have to say.

That move has bailed out all the mean spirited play his players had presided over.....The refusal to play the ball out on 2 occasions was an epitome of the mood in the camp.....I hope next time we are up for this.

He has shafted all the part time neutrals, who have only glanced at the TV and not taken it all in.

I wished Dean had of refused it.

For me it was like being punched on the jaw and the guy helping you off the floor back to your table......****ing patronising.

And to think Conor, could not have set a better tone, that is the long and short of it.

Edited by TRO

Personally, I think it's a punch. I'm surprised (and pleased) he wasn't punished retrospectively (the yellow I think was for grabbing Klich initially).

I also think Cooper should have been sent off for the challenge, Bielsa was right to give back the goal, Bamford got what he deserved and Hernandez was a little lucky to stay on in the first half for a couple of incidents after he received his first yellow. I think Tyler Roberts is getting off very lightly for the scummiest act of gamesmanship I've seen in years and McGinn might well have gone for his challenge just after the melee.

All of which will make for a great final if we can both get there!

It's been a pleasant but odd surprise to see just how committed and aggressive Conor has been in the last couple of months when there have been incidents where he's had to dive in to support his team mates - he's an unlikely enforcer, but he seems to be enjoying himself.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Personally, I think it's a punch. I'm surprised (and pleased) he wasn't punished retrospectively (the yellow I think was for grabbing Klich initially).

I also think Cooper should have been sent off for the challenge, Bielsa was right to give back the goal, Bamford got what he deserved and Hernandez was a little lucky to stay on in the first half for a couple of incidents after he received his first yellow. I think Tyler Roberts is getting off very lightly for the scummiest act of gamesmanship I've seen in years and McGinn might well have gone for his challenge just after the melee.

All of which will make for a great final if we can both get there!

It's been a pleasant but odd surprise to see just how committed and aggressive Conor has been in the last couple of months when there have been incidents where he's had to dive in to support his team mates - he's an unlikely enforcer, but he seems to be enjoying himself.

He was.....but the damage was done, well and truly done....and he knew it.

I am not sure Dean did the right thing accepting it( Hindsight is an advantage of course).....because now the mood has changed with the neutrals ( masses)and Leeds are the sweet smelling roses and we are a pile of dung.( for the want of a better way of putting it)

Edited by TRO

15 hours ago, Cjay said:

But he didn't touch him...

Or at least I cant see any evidence of it. With Klich or whatever his name is not even registering it. I think Conor would liked to have punched the rat, even simulated it, but there's no contact or proof of contact for me.

Just a vain effort to deflect attention from being scum.

Edited by Mazrim

16 hours ago, Cjay said:

There was every reason.....just not a smart thing to do.....He was miffed, that's what the reason was.

It looked to me like he would have liked to have punched him( Intention) but thought better of it and just arrived with a clenched fist against his stomach......Hence no flinch from Klich.

Like you say.....its chip paper now.

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

But he didn't touch him...

Or at least I cant see any evidence of it. With Klich or whatever his name is not even registering it. I think Conor would liked to have punched the rat, even simulated it, but there's no contact or proof of contact for me.

Just a vain effort to deflect attention from being scum.

Had he simulated it there would've most likely been a reaction from Kliche. Reflexes, if nothing else.

If Villa had "performed" like Leeds did, the last thing I'd be doing is looking for pathetic non entities to try and claw back some credibility or sense of parity. I'd probably keep my head down until I could stop cringing, or just hold my hands up and apologise like even the players managed to do... after playing like the Germans in Escape to Victory.

But that's just me. I'm old school, have a sense of fair play and don't like making excuses when my team are out of order.

9 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Had he simulated it there would've most likely been a reaction from Kliche. Reflexes, if nothing else.

There would be more reflex or reaction if he'd actually hit him.. ?

Unless Conor Hourihane generates zero force. Maybe his fist went through a space time anomaly in Klichs stomach. Maybe Klich is made from marshmallow or he's a hologram?

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

There would be more reflex or reaction if he'd actually hit him.. ?

Unless Conor Hourihane generates zero force. Maybe his fist went through a space time anomaly in Klichs stomach. Maybe Klich is made from marshmallow or he's a hologram?

No, I mean that he neither punched him, nor simulated it from what I can see. Unless you totally miss that someone simulates a punch in the gut most people's reflexes is that bend over a little to protect themselves. Know what I mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pelle said:

No, I mean that he neither punched him, nor simulated it from what I can see. Unless you totally miss that someone simulates a punch in the gut most people's reflexes is that bend over a little to protect themselves. Know what I mean?

I hear you. I think that Klich was turning away and didn't see the jabbing motion. So didn't react to it all. In any case, there's no contact.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If Villa had "performed" like Leeds did, the last thing I'd be doing is looking for pathetic non entities to try and claw back some credibility or sense of parity. I'd probably keep my head down until I could stop cringing, or just hold my hands up and apologise like even the players managed to do... after playing like the Germans in Escape to Victory.

But that's just me. I'm old school, have a sense of fair play and don't like making excuses when my team are out of order.

And this. I'm quite the same. Fair play and sportsmanship are parts of the foundation of the football I want to see.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

So if a player isn't going to win the ball and is simply stopping an opponent going forward (say, Hernandez' clip on Andre Green) is that excessive force because there's no reason to touch him?  Just curious.

FWIW, Hernandez on Green was nasty. He stepped on his Achilles. It was excessive force if the plan was just to foul him :D

Â