Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Like many supporters I have mixed feelings about Hourihane and saw him as a one trick pony. He cannot play DM or be the playmaker as per Grealish, CH isnt comfortable at all with the ball under pressure. However, on Saturday he showed that he can be very effective getting into advanced positions - basically he had a free role and Bristol didn’t know what do about him. He was unlucky not to get 3/4 goals. All that said it is hard to see where he fits in when Grealish is fit. McGinn is a shoe-in, Al Ghazi likewise at the moment, Whelan must play DM and either Albert or Green on the wing. 

Totally Agree....but I agree with the rest of it ,too.....He took up really dangerous positions on Saturday, reminded me of David Platt( Drifting in).....I think, while he is not as good as him, he could play that kind of role.....He can be frustrating, but maybe we are looking for something he is not, perhaps we need to accept what he's good at.....I think he is a weapon in the squad, very useful to have around, wouldn't contemplate selling him.

He also looks like he loves playing at Villa.

McGinn on 13 Yellows is concerning.....He has 2 to avoid in 4 games, other wise he misses the play-offs if we get there.....He creates so many goal scoring opportunities by his ball winning.

We simply can't afford to miss him ....He is our cutting edge.

Edited by TRO

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Just watched the highlights. How did he not score at least a hattrick on Saturday? :D 

Well he's getting into good scoring opportunities at least.

save em for the play off I guess.

Keeper had found the cheat code. 3 world class saves. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Totally Agree....but I agree with the rest of it ,too.....He took up really dangerous positions on Saturday, reminded me of David Platt( Drifting in).....I think, while he is not as good as him, he could play that kind of role.....He can be frustrating, but maybe we are looking for something he is not, perhaps we need to accept what he's good at.....I think he is a weapon in the squad, very useful to have around, wouldn't contemplate selling him.

He also looks like he loves playing at Villa.

McGinn on 13 Yellows is concerning.....He has 2 to avoid in 4 games, other wise he misses the play-offs if we get there.....He creates so many goal scoring opportunities by his ball winning.

We simply can't afford to miss him ....He is our cutting edge.

Conor is a difficult one. I’ve criticised him many times on here, sometimes he’s just so absent. He can get a great assist or score a goal from nowhere, but go missing for 85 minutes for a game. Then he’ll have a game where he puts himself in great positions time and again and looks like a real star. I don’t believe he has any kind of above average passing ability outside the final third, he definitely has an eye for a through ball but I’m not having it that he’s any kind of deep passing DM as I’ve seen suggested before. I think the fact that he has goals and assists in him, and has an absolute wand at times from a free kick makes him very valuable, but I don’t envy Smith’s position when someone like Whelan is in such form.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe an unpopular opinion but although I was pleased how aggressive he got after their goal, I can’t help but think it could of all been avoided if he showed the wiliness to win like Leeds did, there was no head injury players are told to play on now so why did he kick it out? There player wasn’t that hurt, we were on the attack, I no it was unsporting what Leeds did but at least it shows a winning attitude

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Means Hanford will get away with it too. Speaking of which, if bamford was booked for diving then why was to Ghazi sent off?

Bamford was booked for his scuffle with Hourihane, not the El Ghazi dive.

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Bamford was booked for his scuffle with Hourihane, not the El Ghazi dive.

Which means he can still be done for deception

Â