Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I haven't seen it on social media. First I heard of it was on ssn with the ask the ref feature.

Fair enough.

I've seen it several time, my thought is sending it viral doesn't help.

Nice quick gut punch. lol

All over social media, seems the Leeds neanderthals are using this tactic to distract the disgusting behaviour of their players. If Hourihane gets punished for this then i bloody well hope Bamford, Roberts and Jansson also face action for their part in the fracas.

On 29/04/2019 at 13:18, Stevo985 said:

I think that's only if they know the ref hasn't missed anything.

So for example, if that scuffle happened and the ref's report says that he saw Player X throw a punch and gave him a yellow card for it, then the EFL would take no action.

But if the ref said that he saw the scuffle and Player X pushing someone and gave him a yellow... but it turne dout Player X had actually punched someone and the ref hadn't seen it then they would look at it.

So it would depend what he's in trouble for. If it's the general aggression after the goal then you're right.
If it's for something sneakier like this punch that some Leeds fans are alleging, then he might be in trouble (not that I've seen any evidence that he did anything that bad)

I just wished that Conor could muster that aggression, in the normal running of a game, when challenging for a ball.

He obviously has it in him....it needs to be motivated to rare its head a bit more often.

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair enough.

I've seen it several time, my thought is sending it viral doesn't help.

Nice quick gut punch. lol

It looked more like he was grabbing his shirt. The movement was quick so it looked like a punch but there was no recoil at all. Player didn't budge.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It looked more like he was grabbing his shirt. The movement was quick so it looked like a punch but there was no recoil at all. Player didn't budge.

That is what I thought, no flinch or recoil from the Leeds player which would happen if Conor had punched him in the stomach. The Leeds player just carries on as if nothing has happened, I think Leeds fans are clutching at straws here in an attempt to deflect attention from their own teams actions.

He isn't a DM, but I thought he played well as it against leeds. He's weak but he intercepted enough. But when it comes to tackles he loses them more often than not. That's his big weakness. But overall a good game from him.

For that alleged punch I say it wasn't a punch. There's no way he'd punch him without any reaction from the player. If nothing else he'd do a Bamford, but rather hit back. He did nothing of the kind so I'm very sure that he didn't punch him at all. It's not a clear sight film that's going around either, is it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I have heard is a video from another angle and its him grabbing the shirt. Klich would have went down if he was punched or at least felt something

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have heard is a video from another angle and its him grabbing the shirt. Klich would have went down if he was punched or at least felt something

He's defo grabbing his shirt. Watch Klich's collar. No punch at all. 

If someone punches you in the stomach, no matter how soft, you will flinch, it's a natural reaction. There is no way he just stands straight if that was the case.

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If someone punches you in the stomach, no matter how soft, you will flinch, it's a natural reaction. There is no way he just stands straight if that was the case.

Plus it's football. If there was a punch the other guy would have gone down as if he'd been shot. It should be a pretty simple decision for those in charge given the decades of overreaction from players in similar situations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pelle said:

He isn't a DM, but I thought he played well as it against leeds. He's weak but he intercepted enough. But when it comes to tackles he loses them more often than not. That's his big weakness. But overall a good game from him.

For that alleged punch I say it wasn't a punch. There's no way he'd punch him without any reaction from the player. If nothing else he'd do a Bamford, but rather hit back. He did nothing of the kind so I'm very sure that he didn't punch him at all. It's not a clear sight film that's going around either, is it?

Is my point.

We need a young firebrand in that role....but i do love his dead ball kicks

When the possession stats feature Leeds 69% v Villa 31% it tells you something is not being done...If it can't be seen on the pitch.

Possession isn't the be all and end all as we know....teams win games with an inferior possession stat, but in general it does matter.

as the old saying goes ...if you haven't got the ball you can't hurt the opposition.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Plus it's football. If there was a punch the other guy would have gone down as if he'd been shot. It should be a pretty simple decision for those in charge given the decades of overreaction from players in similar situations. 

It also might be worth mentioning as it seems to be a rare comment in the media.

Bamford had got Conor around the neck and Mings had to come to the rescue......and the simulating dive like he had been shot , was designed to con the officials....He should have been sent off ,not El Ghazi

It just goes to prove to me, that most (outside our club) , seen what they wanted to see.

• Like 2

Â