Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I hear you. I think that Klich was turning away and didn't see the jabbing motion. So didn't react to it all. In any case, there's no contact.

I think that's wrong - there's definitely contact and there's definitely a little flinch from Klich.  The thing is that it wasn't a proper punch otherwise the flinch would've been greater than it was.  I think Klich also recognises what's happened and, therefore, doesn't really react.  He could've made much more of it.

As @OutByEaster? touched on above, I actually feel slightly sorry for Klich here.  The true scum of the piece is Tyler Roberts who fakes putting the ball out then plays it down the line instead.  It leaves Klich in a tough position to make a split-second decision - his team is pushing for automatic promotion (however unlikely) and, despite having had a couple of opportunities to kick the ball out of play, his team have played on.  It would've been pretty remarkable for him to kick the ball out of play in the position he found himself in.

Roberts and Bamford are the players who have been pretty disgracefully unsporting IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stunning goal but really changed the course of the game in general, took the game by the scruff of the neck, was passing the ball around much quicker and more sharply than Whelan.

He made a brilliant defensive interception at 0-1 which I dont think Whelan would have had legs for

• Like 1

Â