Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

36 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Done now anyway, but if that isnt a hit what is he doing? 

Rib tickling.....its the sort of gesture you give to a friend you haven't seen for a while, meeting in a pub.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yes that is something I wondered about, if the player was consulted and checked for bruising or something.

Good job they never asked Bamford.....El Ghazi would have got 10 years.

• Haha 4

I watched a lot of Klich through the Polish national team and I'd like to think I know him as a player. 

I think that there was a punch, but try doing that without extending your arm, the way Hourihane did it. You get no power at all. In fact it's no more than a "fisted push" but that's a technicality of where you draw a line between one and the other.

Klich is not gonna fall on the floor and get winded/knocked out because he was pushed like that, he is not that type of a player. At the same time, he ain't gonna pretend and cry like that baby girl Bamford.

Its a nothing story. I bet you there were 20 different much worse pushes/punches in the big scrum that happened there and no one talks about it, because the Hourihane accident is used by the Leeds fans like some sort of a redemption get out of jail free card.

Pathetic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I watched a lot of Klich through the Polish national team and I'd like to think I know him as a player. 

I think that there was a punch, but try doing that without extending your arm, the way Hourihane did it. You get no power at all. In fact it's no more than a "fisted push" but that's a technicality of where you draw a line between one and the other.

Klich is not gonna fall on the floor and get winded/knocked out because he was pushed like that, he is not that type of a player. At the same time, he ain't gonna pretend and cry like that baby girl Bamford.

Its a nothing story. I bet you there were 20 different much worse pushes/punches in the big scrum that happened there and no one talks about it, because the Hourihane accident is used by the Leeds fans like some sort of a redemption get out of jail free card.

Pathetic.

Spot on.

53 minutes ago, Cjay said:

It could be. It looks like it could be. But it’s impossible to say it is. And I don’t see how the guy can be punished on a “ possible”. Although had he been, it wouldn’t have been a mystery as to why.

Without redoing the whole debate, I can’t see a punch like that - if it connected - bringing no reaction at all from the player.

As you say though, done now.

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are struggling to see why a player who never resorts to this kind of behaviour?.....ever.?......but has faced extreme provocation and you have the front to call me "soft lad"......People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Concentrate your comments on what's done against us first, before you condemn your own players.

No one is saying it's right what Conor did......But I guess there is a case for anyone who feels injustice to react......look a bit further, you may see a bigger picture.

Ps Just seen a clip of the punch....It was so innocuous, it's embarrassing.....more like a poke.

pps Just a good job Duncan Ferguson or Vinnie Jones was not in our line up.....Then you would have seen what retribution really is....as opposed to handbags as what it was.

Sorry hun, u okay?.. 

DM me 😂 x

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pelle said:

I suggest you go out and punch an unexpecting person in the stomach with your fist, really, really hard as I've heard he did, take a look at the reaction and compare it to Kliche's. 

I tried your advice.

Got a totally different reaction, just as you said I would.

The guy instantly spilled his chips, his curry sauce, and the pint he had in his other hand, then as he fell to the floor, yelled at his four mates to help, which they did, rendering me incapacitated.

Proves Kliches was a totally unnatural reaction..🙂

• Haha 2

What's really interesting is the Leeds fans are moaning that Conor has got away Scot free and Grealish cheated by diving every 5 minutes so should have been carded, and even accusing him of punching Klich or grabbing him round the throat (when it was neither) but it doesn't seem to have occured that if they had done what we did and kicked the ball out that they could have won the game, Bamford wouldn't be missing the first leg of the semi final and the game would be completely forgotten now...........

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Technically you are right, but let's get the whole thing in perspective.

Its was Conor Hourihane who set the tone in the game, for " gentlemanly conduct" so he was affected the most....He is not that kinda player, so it was clearly out of character and motivated by circumstances that challenge a guy from the temperance society. in my view it was borne out frustration, where your guys seized an opportunity that was morally questionable and took advantage, giving scant regard for the consequences.

Question.....If you was in a pub and bought a guy a drink?....popped outside and when you come back he drunk yours but denied it....so you give him the benefit of the doubt....you buy another drink and pop off to the loo, when you come back he has drunk it again.I would guess if you gave him a dig in the guts, most of the pub would applaud.

Conor was actually the victim here Cjay.

Thats all that matters, technically i was right as you say.

Technically what he did was strike an opponent, the force is irrelevant as the law says, it was an aggressive act.

On the pub scenario you're probably right but afterwards if the guy called the police and showed them footage then you would be probably be charged with battery. 

Dont understand why people are saying "ah but Klich didnt go down or flinch" maybe Hourihane is soft, doesnt mean intent wasnt there 

37 minutes ago, Dick said:

Been thinking about what C stands for in your name. Does the word rhyme with runt?

Don't have to ask the inspiration for your name.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

Technically what he did was strike an opponent, the force is irrelevant as the law says, it was an aggressive act.

On the pub scenario you're probably right but afterwards if the guy called the police and showed them footage then you would be probably be charged with battery. 

Dont understand why people are saying "ah but Klich didnt go down or flinch" maybe Hourihane is soft, doesnt mean intent wasnt there 

The force is relevant, in the rule you yourself quoted it says “excessive force”.

Now I’m not saying whether what Hourihane did was excessive or not, but how hard it was does appear to matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The force is relevant, in the rule you yourself quoted it says “excessive force”.

Now I’m not saying whether what Hourihane did was excessive or not, but how hard it was does appear to matter.

You're right my mistake.

But i would have thought "excessive force" in that situation was any force at all, didnt need to touch him.

Anyway little point debating it tbf now, just feels like once again to us another seemingly clear (to us) situation of violent conduct has gone against us.

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Well it just goes to show what a desperate politically correct bunch we are today....where rules have to apply to the point that common sense is binned.

No one can make a moral judgement, without quoting rules that in the main created to deal with incidents of eventuality, no wonder most sets of Rules are like War & Peace.

Use your moral compass CJay and put common sense before a convenient rule book, you only have to touch someone for it to be deemed assault......Don't the RULES reference "ungentlemanly conduct", how did that get lost in this melee.

I guess to put it to bed.....We all saw what we wanted to see, hence the difference of opinion.

Â