Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I have a feeling he may be in trouble with the EFL.

Depends what route the EFL go down. Will be interesting to see if they go down the players can’t police themselves or were glad the integrity of the game was upheld road.

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

You know what, I've complained about him many times being soft but that's twice this season, that I can remember, he's been the first to jump in when something isn't right. Grealish incident v Blues and of course today. Fair play to him.

Was going to post the same thing he is definite not so soft. Might also help his confidence he has big Mingsy coming in behind him on both times ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

I thought if the player got booked that the EFL don't bother with the incident because they deem that the referee dealt with it?

It's a tricky one, and how they will go to define it as one incident or a string of incidents I imagine.

Hourihane did throw 7 haymakers out there, chokeslammed a few Leeds lads, and knuckle dusted another so he could be in for a hefty ban.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was going to post the same thing he is definite not so soft. Might also help his confidence he has big Mingsy coming in behind him on both times ;) 

Not criticising him, because I love his passion, but I don't know how "hard" it is to run into something like this. People accuse Conor of being soft because he doesn't always look like he fancies a 50-50, and I put more stock in stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We need a DM or two in the summer. 

Hourihane can be first replacement for Jack and John, doesn't progress play enough from that deep role.

Said before the game on FB he's never a DM. His best attribute is popping up in the box as a goal threat

• Like 2

12 hours ago, av1 said:

Which means he can still be done for deception

I hope not. He is not very good so I hope Leeds have him available for the playoffs

Edited by TheMelvillan
I swore and didn't want to get in trouble

He was seemingly booked for his part in the scuffle, so my guess is that the EFL would be limited as to what they can do to Conor unless there is absolute proof that he did something which would warrant a red that the ref (or the linesman who seems to make stuff up and miss offsides) didn't see. I haven't seen a video that proves a punch.

If Bamford was booked for the melee, again he might get away with that - but he's in the shit over his acting, as that must have been what fooled the linesman and therefore directly led to a El Ghazi's sending off. That is one of the reasons listed for why the retrospective rules are there - Dwight Gayle got a 2x match ban earlier this season for diving to get a penalty, so suspect he'll get the same.

4 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Bit of context on why he lost his head so much yesterday.

I was in the stands at Leeds, when he put the ball out of play for the injured Leeds player he got a bit of stick off the Villa fans and tried to explain to them why he had done it.

For Leeds then to score from the same situation obviously riled him up.

Love the way he reacted though, these are the type of players we have missed at Villa over the past few years.

The Leeds player in fairness was indicating he needed be subbed. Prick then played the rest of the game 

18 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

I thought if the player got booked that the EFL don't bother with the incident because they deem that the referee dealt with it?

I think that's only if they know the ref hasn't missed anything.

So for example, if that scuffle happened and the ref's report says that he saw Player X throw a punch and gave him a yellow card for it, then the EFL would take no action.

But if the ref said that he saw the scuffle and Player X pushing someone and gave him a yellow... but it turne dout Player X had actually punched someone and the ref hadn't seen it then they would look at it.

So it would depend what he's in trouble for. If it's the general aggression after the goal then you're right.
If it's for something sneakier like this punch that some Leeds fans are alleging, then he might be in trouble (not that I've seen any evidence that he did anything that bad)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Leeds player in fairness was indicating he needed be subbed. Prick then played the rest of the game 

To be fair to him, it took him a while to run off the limp, and I'd it wasn't for the fact they'd used 2 subs at the break, I'm sure he'd have gone off. It wasn't deceptive, imo. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As soon as it happened, I said knee to knee which is stupidly painful at first, but the pain ends after 5 mins.

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Bit of context on why he lost his head so much yesterday.

I was in the stands at Leeds, when he put the ball out of play for the injured Leeds player he got a bit of stick off the Villa fans and tried to explain to them why he had done it.

For Leeds then to score from the same situation obviously riled him up.

Love the way he reacted though, these are the type of players we have missed at Villa over the past few years.

Don't start me off.....We still have too few.

but it shouldn't just take a rare situation to muster a bit of aggression in our play......The opportunity to go up, should be sufficient.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perhaps because all our fans have been sharing it on social media ffs.

I haven't seen it on social media. First I heard of it was on ssn with the ask the ref feature.

• Like 1

Â