Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Top professional, great attitude, and plenty of talent. His stats speak for themselves.

I don't think he has the physical attributes to get to the level that is required where we are headed, not mobile enough, nor strong enough, and that is a real shame because he has the desire and mentality to improve. Just goes to show that you really have to have everything to make it in the big league nowadays, talent alone is rarely enough.

He's been a great signing for us, and I for one won't write him off yet, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in a Villa shirt again.

He needs to be playing football though, and this move makes sense, hope he tears the Championship a new one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

There was a thread here not long ago, about how players might behave in fisticuffs.

In the category, " players who might surprise you", Conor was a popular choice. I would agree with that.

Despite being not the biggest guy on the pitch, he was always quick to defend his team mates, particularly in that game against Leeds in the championship, and when that douche at the Sty ran on the pitch to try and tickle Jack.

Aside from having a good sense of humour and Harry Potter's left foot, he was a real Scrappy Doo.

Fighting Irish ☘️ 

• Like 1

Everything that needs to be said has been said. Thank you for helping us when we had a bunch of charlatans running the gaff. And thank you for getting us back when we had some proper owners take over. Quality left boot. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Terrific servant for us in this new generation since we rose from the ashes. Big contributions outweighed the limitations, his 2019 playoff semi final 75th minute goal (assisted by Jack's cross) against West Brom to break back and equalise when it could have been all over is my favourite memory. Colossal and important goal for us.

Best set piece taker for us for some time too.

I wish him all the best - consummate professional and has worn the short with pride. He genuinely loved the club and his experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Terrific servant for us in this new generation since we rose from the ashes. Big contributions outweighed the limitations, his 2019 playoff semi final 75th minute goal (assisted by Jack's cross) against West Brom to break back and equalise when it could have been all over is my favourite memory. Colossal and important goal for us.

Best set piece taker for us for some time too.

I wish him all the best - consummate professional and has worn the short with pride. He genuinely loved the club and his experience.

Here it is!

• Like 2

Wow - it's quite rare that I think "I hope a player reads his thread", but in Conor's case, I really hope he does. (FWIW, I hope Rashica doesn't read his thread; he'd be changing all the locks in his house).

He come's across as the sort of guy who will read the 'limitations' comments, and perhaps see his own comments last year about Jack being so far ahead of others in the squad, and perhaps realise he was talking about himself.
But also, the level of affection and appreciation for what he has done for this club - I'm sure he'd love it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

For me 3 the memories stand out from Conor's time at Villa are these.

1. The half volley against the scum.
  2. The strike against West Brom in the play off semi.
  3. The winner against Norwich when we were really struggling for points. 

I'll miss Conor if he goes, always gave 100%. 

I also liked that free kick against Newcastle in Sept (?) 2019 at VP.

I'm going to jump on the love train as well. 

Glad that he is going out and getting some first team football, I'd acknowledge he probably isn't going to be good enough for where we want to be in future seasons. 

But man will I have fond memories of this guy. I remember seeing his YouTube highlights before we signed him and could not believe some of the wonder strikes we were seeing. To be fair he has carried that right on, some great games, brilliant goals and he was a key part of our return greatness (part 1).

He will tear it up back in the Championship. 

Great value for money signing. He scored too many important goals to single out one in particular. The place was very nervy until he equalised against the baggies in the first leg of the play off. You don't know how that would of went had he not scored. And again, cool penalty in the shootout.

All the best Conor, thanks for that goal against the Baggies and those magic set pieces. Moving on is not always easy, but the direction we are heading it works best for both parties. Good luck at Swansea. You helped steer the club back to where it belongs and that is always something I and others will be most grateful for.

Good move for all (Providing we get Sanson in)

Swansea - get a fine player who will be giving is all and have a point to prove - I wouldn't back against them getting automatic promotion off this signing alone.

Conor - get's some much needed minutes on the pitch and shows what kind of character that he is by wanting this loan move to play some football.

Villa - we're effectively putting him out in the shop window, he either comes back in ridiculously good form that he stays with us or we get a fee in the summer.

I personally would be more than happy with him as part of our squad next season but if he is way down the pecking order it can only be a good thing for us and how we are progressing as a club.

All the best Conor! Glad you won't have to sit on the bench any longer. Too good for that and can't have that left foot going to waste. You've created plenty of Villa memories to take away with you and some stunning strikes. I don't think you scored normal goals! 

• Like 1

Â