Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Republic of Ireland midfielder Conor Hourihane says he had to leave Aston Villa on loan in order to try and get more game-time.

The Cork man has joined Championship promotion hopefuls Swansea City until the end of the current campaign after falling down the pecking order at Villa.

“This year, I suppose, I just didn’t get the type of game time I wanted," Hourihane admitted to talkSPORT.

“Over the last six or seven years I’ve been fortunate to play regularly every single season, and for the last three or four months that just hasn’t been the case.

“I had a think about it, and I went to the club and said I thought it was the best thing for me. I’m desperate for another crack at the Premier League, so you never know - if this club got promoted, that could happen.

“First and foremost I’m just delighted to be here. The club has been fantastic in getting the deal to done. Like I say, I didn’t want to sit around at Villa, train every day and not be involved - that’s not me, it doesn’t excite me.

“For me, there’s no gain in that. The gain is to go out and play and I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead.”

https://www.otbsports.com/sport/i-just-didnt-get-the-type-of-game-time-i-wanted-conor-hourihane-1139529?fbclid=IwAR2Nh0sPDRwJOq0xSDY7jfCkSATQrbxo9KpGUdRqksi6bXQByMJ9klrOgWo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Fair play to him. That attitude has got him very far in life.

It's a paradox but this is exactly the type of character you want your squad filled with. Unfortunately that can't happen because the ones who aren't in the team will want to move on to get more game time.

I didn't give the tiniest shite about Swansea before this but I hope they get promoted now with him playing every minute.

• Like 1

Â