Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

19 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

If he gets promoted with Swansea then that makes him worth £120m in my book*. They’d surely want to keep a player like him. 

*My book is called “transfer fees” by Daniel Levy. 

Blimey O'Reilly. Great work. How many goals against Norwich?!

No doubt playing in the PL has made him even better at that level.

Knockout performances can only be a good thing as his price goes up. I didn't think we'd be getting £5m for him.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 11:02, useless said:

Almost identical to his goal against Fulham this season.

Really wished he had more to his game because I love me a Conor Hourihane goal. I feel like if Conor gets on the scoresheet, it's almost certainly in a win. 

• Like 2

He's a decent enough premier league player in the right setup at the right club, four goals and six assists for us in thirty one premier league appearances. I could understand us letting him go as we've got better options, but was a bit surprised that a team lower down the table didn't come in for him.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

He's a decent enough premier league player in the right setup at the right club, four goals and six assists for us in thirty one premier league appearances. I could understand us letting him go as we've got better options, but was a bit surprised that a team lower down the table didn't come in for him.

He has to essentially be given a free role in the #10 position to be effective in the PL. Put him in midfield and the pace of the game is too much for him. Any team that presses and he might as well not be on the pitch. But games against Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham etc are fine for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He has to essentially be given a free role in the #10 position to be effective in the PL. Put him in midfield and the pace of the game is too much for him. Any team that presses and he might as well not be on the pitch. But games against Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham etc are fine for him.

Exactly. I've said many times he's a flat track bully

28 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Exactly. I've said many times he's a flat track bully

Kind of harsh. He's in that weird limbo space just doesn't have the ability/physicality for this particular level but also being really good for the level below. Kind of like Dwight Gayle. The PL seems to be too much for him, but when he steps down to the Championship, he scores 20+ goals no problem.

• Like 4

If he's good enough to play against the likes of Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham and so on, a decent level of premier league opposition, then he's good enough to play a part in the premier league.

I think it goes back to the old adage that most football fans don't know what they're talking about when it comes to midielders, most seem to think that you're not good enough if you're not some sort of midfield dynamo running past players, making crunching tackles and creating chance after chance, as if it's a video or something.

Likes of Petrov, Westwood, and even Whelan were all underrated for similar reasons, and so too are players at other clubs like Winks, Rice and so on, even Henderson was in that category at one point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s better than the Championship... he’s at least a lower half PL player for me. 

Thing is, teams in the lower positions usually don't have much of the ball, don't attack much and have to defend a lot. 

This is why he can look brilliant in the championship but a bit of a passenger in the prem. 

I suppose he could work in a very physical team who can carry him a bit through games and use his set piece delivery to score goals. 

• Like 4

Â