Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

For 3 million, Conor has been a gift.

I understand and accept that we have improved beyond him, but he has done so well for us when called upon, and I feel a bit sad that this might mean the end of his time at Villa.

I hope he kicks on at Swansea, and becomes an important player there. If he winds up there permanently, I will pay more attention to the championship, and hope Swansea get promoted, and that Conor plays a big part in it, just like he did ours.

I sincerely wish him the best. He deserves no less.

was it even this much? i thought it was like 1 and a half or something ridiculous

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

was it even this much? i thought it was like 1 and a half or something ridiculous

1.5 or 3 million, I believe we got more than our money's worth out of him.

• Like 2

Just now, AJ said:

1.5 or 3 million, I believe we got more than our money's worth out of him.

even if it's 3m, i reckon we'll still end up making a profit. i wouldn't want less than 5m for him

• Like 1

20 January 2017 MF 5 England Henri Lansbury England Nottingham Forest £2.75m[23][24]
25 January 2017 DF 16 England James Bree England Barnsley £3m[25][26]
25 January 2017 MF 20 Iceland Birkir Bjarnason Switzerland Basel Undisclosed[27]
26 January 2017 MF 14 Republic of Ireland Conor Hourihane England Barnsley Undisclosed[28]
31 January 2017 DF 3 Wales Neil Taylor Wales Swansea City Undisclosed[29]
31 January 2017 FW 9 England Scott Hogan England Brentford

Undisclosed[30]

31 January 2017 DF England Jacob Bedeau England Bury Undisclosed[31]

It wasnt the greatest transfer window he arrived in, full disclosure I thought Bjarnason and Bree would be the standout signings that window :D 

• Thanks 1

Been great for us, big part in getting us back up to the top flight and played a part in keeping us here. I don't think he's at the level we need though now in the middle of the park and I'd play Ramsey in front of him so he's doing the right thing if he wants regular football.

Limited player with 54 goal contributions in 126 games.....come on have some respect, he's been an outstanding signing vs the money paid and some of the dross we have had in the last 10 years.

Played a huge art in our promotion and ultimately in our survival last year he stepped up with some assists at vital times, wish him nothing but the best

Im not going to lie and say although probably right thing for all involved im a bit gutted that this is probably the beginning of the end for him at Villa

• Like 4

It's fair to say I've given him plenty of stick but I can absolutely appreciate the good moments he gave us. Through all the proper rubbish signings we made over the years we can comfortably say this wasn't one of them. 

Time is right for all parties here I think - ultimately he just isn't good enough at the level we're at.

Solid pro and a cracking left boot.  He played a big part in us getting promoted and I doubt we'll see better set pieces for some time.  Good luck to him.

So many great memories to look back on thanks to conor.. almost too many to remember them all!

He has been brilliant for us and by all accounts a top bloke, the type of character this club so desperately needed when he first arived. Playing over 130 times for this great club is no mean feat and he will be remembered by me as one of my all time favourites, not because he was the best, but because of his attitude.

All the best conor! and hopefully we can see you back at Villa Park for us to say thank you!

Once a Villan...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That volley against the scum too 😍

That was worth the fee alone. He’s done well for us. Just not at the level we require anymore. Huge asset and I always respected him.

My gripe with him was his work rate off the ball, he had passing and shooting (1 in 5 for a CM is pretty good). 

Wish him well. 

For me 3 the memories stand out from Conor's time at Villa are these.

1. The half volley against the scum.
  2. The strike against West Brom in the play off semi.
  3. The winner against Norwich when we were really struggling for points. 

I'll miss Conor if he goes, always gave 100%. 

• Like 3

Â