Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

swansea are making a real push for it by the looks of it. be nice to see him being part of that and being a PL regular for them next season, if they make the deal perminant

Conors transfer is a strange one to me.... But only because it's been so long since we've moved a player on at the right time.

Been great for us and glad he gets to go and fight to get back into a Prem squad. He deserves it, loan good all round and he can assess his options in the summer. Either take Swansea up or see if he can get in at a lower table club. Can see the likes of West Ham or  Newcastle looking at him as a squad player if he'd be happy with that

• Like 1

Yeah agreed. But if a squad player elsewhere, why not here. The other players (including Jack) clearly love him. I don’t get this. I like him as an option off the bench with his set pieces in a tight game where we are not creating much. 

Good luck Conor, has been an important part of our revival in the past few years.

If I remember correctly he came in at the same time as Birkir Bjarnason and Henri Lansbury in January 2017 but has done so, much, much better. Solid player.

will always have respect for the guy, was a vital part of the promotion squad, allegedly a real professional off the pitch, top guy by the seems of it.

He clearly isnt good enough for where we want to be or where we are currently, but will always be thankful for his efforts over the last couple of years, best of luck to him and i hope he tears it up in the champ.

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Conors transfer is a strange one to me.... But only because it's been so long since we've moved a player on at the right time.

Been great for us and glad he gets to go and fight to get back into a Prem squad. He deserves it, loan good all round and he can assess his options in the summer. Either take Swansea up or see if he can get in at a lower table club. Can see the likes of West Ham or  Newcastle looking at him as a squad player if he'd be happy with that

I think its also a credit to Conor as well, its clear he wants to play football and not just take the money like others have 

• Like 1

All the best to Conor. He's a big part of why we are where we are right now and that shouldn't be forgotten. 

Excellent pro and it's a shame he isn't quite at the level to help us push on further. Nothing but respect for the man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its also a credit to Conor as well, its clear he wants to play football and not just take the money like others have 

His contract is up in the summer, he needs to raise his stock before then 🤣

We're only allowed so many players in the squad, it's not as if we can just stockpile them in case we have an injury crisis, or another covid attack, that's why he's being allowed to leave on loan.

Â