Gareth Southgate

Richard

I know people don’t believer me on here re Jack but a few years back during the World Cup Southgate had told Jack he was thinking of him but needed to play in a top 6 team in the prem as he needed to be in a side that had the lions share of possession to develop and in turn he would make him an England starter. 

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I know people don’t believer me on here re Jack but a few years back during the World Cup Southgate had told Jack he was thinking of him but needed to play in a top 6 team in the prem as he needed to be in a side that had the lions share of possession to develop and in turn he would make him an England starter. 

I don't believe you on Jack... But that's something I can definitely see happening 

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Was it ever explained as to why Garth kissed the streaker? Strange **** dude.

Every so often I'm reminded that this is an actual thing that happened and I'm astonished all over again.

On 03/09/2021 at 22:31, Fairy In Boots said:

I think this is what Jack was referring to about “how football really works” when responding to Preeces article. 

I'm still amazed how much players care about international football. Congrats on being born into a top footballing country, up until a month or so ago the best player in the world hadn't won a thing on an international level while Steven Nzonzi has a WC winners medal. Worst format of football going and it serves up the worst match quality too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'm still amazed how much players care about international football. Congrats on being born into a top footballing country, up until a month or so ago the best player in the world hadn't won a thing on an international level while Steven Nzonzi has a WC winners medal. Worst format of football going and it serves up the worst match quality too.

because players outside of the international football is crap UK media agenda actually care about international football. Ronaldo, Buffon, Chiellini, Lewandowski, Thomas Muller all elite players proud to play for the national team

Then you have South America where its more important than any domestic trophy

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Still the master of playing players out of position. At least he’s good at something…

Not even that, it's positions that they've never played for their club before 

Playing a new position for the first time at international level is madness 

But statistically he's got to be creeping towards being one of our best ever managers? It's **** painful to watch and it's brought all the anger back for me because he's such a bellend and epitomises all the worst traits of an England national team manager but he's going nowhere 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, a-k said:

Klopp has indirectly called Safegate a muppet for playing TAA in midfield 😂

He is shit scared to drop him again because of the Liverpool media backlash. He also doesnt have the bottle to admit he doesnt rate him so brings his 4 right backs

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Christ, a knee slide with his fingers in his ears?

You'd have thought he ran over and threw human s**t into the crowd the reception he's getting. 

To be fair, you are totally right though, football fans are the most fickle group on the planet. Xhaka literally told the Arsenal fans (the worst fan base in all of Europe) to **** off at the Emirates and now they are back to worshipping him. 

Maguire suffers because he’s a Man U player that cost £80m. It’s not really his fault that they paid over the odds for him. It doesn’t help that his international manager picks him because he’s a Man U player that cost £80m regardless of his dreadful form.

Southgate now saying publicly that he has to prove himself for the World Cup is for a start disingenuous and secondly doesn’t exactly take pressure of the lad. Then again he’s always been a disingenuous, weak and cowardly manager, so no surprise there. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Southgate now saying publicly that he has to prove himself for the World Cup is for a start disingenuous and secondly doesn’t exactly take pressure of the lad. Then again he’s always been a disingenuous, weak and cowardly manager, so no surprise there. 

Has he said that about Maguire or Mings?

Totally agree with your last sentence, he has completely killed enjoying watching England for me.

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Has he said that about Maguire or Mings?

Totally agree with your last sentence, he has completely killed enjoying watching England for me.

He said it about Maguire. He also said players had to prove themselves in the PL before he would pick them. Then he picked Kalvin Phillips before he’d kicked a ball in the PL, pathetic. I agree watching England has become a chore. No enjoyment at all under Southgate, who’s more interested in promoting his pseudo, intellectual, moralistic image, if anyone still falls for that act, than being a football manager. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He said it about Maguire. He also said players had to prove themselves in the PL before he would pick them. Then he picked Kalvin Phillips before he’d kicked a ball in the PL, pathetic. I agree watching England has become a chore. No enjoyment at all under Southgate, who’s more interested in promoting his pseudo, intellectual, moralistic image, if anyone still falls for that act, than being a football manager. 

Believe you me, I know all about the rubbish he spouts and how he constantly contradicts himself.

When I think of Southgate, I think back to when he was on a pundit on ITV alongside Keane. He was literally scared to have an opinion and it always stuck in my mind since, thinking, how can this guy be a manager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

He made sterling captain because he had the most caps, says it all

His take on experience is way off

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who do you think should be England captain villa4europe?

Got no problem with kane as full time captain, he's spurs vice captain and really the talisman of the team regardless of his Roy of the Rovers bullshit at times

But after that you have mings as villa captain, rice as west ham, captain, maguire is utds captain, he then didn't play but I'm sure Henderson has captained Liverpool, phillips captains Leeds, coady captain wolves - sterling would be way down the list 

Personally I'd go for Rice as vice captain to Kane 

I think I'm more irked by the commentator stating sterling was captain because he had the most caps, that for me is bollocks 

Edited by villa4europe

Â