Top Gear

Jez

Same old same old and why not when it works

The p45 sketch was genuinely laugh out loud funny , the dragons den bit quality

Of course it's scripted not sure anyone thought otherwise did they ?

How cool was that Bentley on the rally course , wouldn't buy one but still pretty impressive

It doesnt work any more. Its very tired and no longer entertaining. The subject matter re the cars is fine but they need to shake up the format you basically know what will happen and when. For example the celebrity thing boring section knew exactly when it was coming so got up and did something else for nearly perfect duration of it. The p45 thing was ok at best,, usual clarkson jokes and as said reminiscent of old school soccer am now.

I understand the criticism of certain things but that's Top Gear, if you want something else then you are essentially looking for a different show, thought it was a good episode and looking forward to some of the stuff they showed in the opening clip later in the series.

So it is back and the same as ever, did anyone actually think it was going to change?

It is predictable, obviously scripted and the same old gags but it is still good entertainment on a Sunday evening.

The P45 sketch made me laugh, genuinely funny even if it felt like I'd seen it before.

As for the Bentley I never thought it could handle like that, perhaps I will put it back on the maybe list. :)

Thought the P45 sketch was a bit too drawn out in all honesty, but I never really find those things particularly funny.

Thought the show was good though, let's be fair - there's absolutely nothing on TV for 95% of the week, so I thoroughly appreciated having something half decent to watch.

Like drat01, I think the star in the crap korean car bit is boring, but I see it as a chance to go for a p!ss. Unless there's a decent bit of clunge on, of course!

On the whole though, I thought it was a pretty decent show last night.

The show set a new standard for "Hot girl in the background" best effort for ages. That blonde behind Clarkson during the news wouldn't even have to ask for it...

5503h6a.jpglvudk8P.jpg

• Like 1

To many middle aged, middle class white males with very dodgy haircuts (the funniest part of the show for me). How many cars did they test drive......1, they should leave the comedy to comedians and do a car show with a few laughs in it.

Yeah I think you just have to accept it for what it is, and accept that when you laugh at trainspotters, that's actually what you look like when an unobtainable supercar is on the screen. Oh, and when you hear the trainspotter discussing whether the flying irishman had more coal than the st andrews shunt - that's you saying you think Bentleys are shit.

If you want practical car reviews of realistic motors, What Car have a very good website.