Top Gear

Jez

Amy maturing nicely. I was pleasantly surprised when he said she was the guest. I've liked her for years (yes, her music too). And now she's also a petrol head. Giggity.

Paris - Milan is 9 hours on the train. You can do Calais to Milan in 10 in a car. Jezza will still win.

Now if they started the race at 7am...

Ohhhh. Something wrong with the matrix.

The car would have won that had it not been for the road works. Mrs E was genuinely disgusted that they didn't use the Eurotunnel and chose the Ferry. She wouldn't have it that the races are pre-planned to be close and that the car would have pissed it by using Le Shuttle.

• 3 weeks later...

Bollocks, missed it.

But on the subject, I enjoyed the Range Rover review last week and hated it at the same time.

I enjoyed the positivity, I worked on the development of that car (albeit just the financial side) so it was awesome to see it getting some praise.

But I thought the actual segment was a bit weird. James May fake falling over at the end gave it a shitty cringey cherry on top.

Oh well, they seem to like the car so that's the important thing for me!

Bollocks, missed it.

But on the subject, I enjoyed the Range Rover review last week and hated it at the same time.

I enjoyed the positivity, I worked on the development of that car (albeit just the financial side) so it was awesome to see it getting some praise.

But I thought the actual segment was a bit weird. James May fake falling over at the end gave it a shitty cringey cherry on top.

Oh well, they seem to like the car so that's the important thing for me!

I missed last nights episode too but agree, it was good to see praise of the Range Rover. I did find the whole segment a bit odd though. Firstly, Hammond and Clarkson big RR fans, so was surprised to see James May doing the review? Then the review itself probably should have been 20% off road and 80% luxury driving as I guess would be more like its normal usage. Instead they did it the other way round.

Then the 'comedy' slip at end. Cringing. IF it was genuine it really should have been edited out as it wasn't funny.

Last night was alright but I couldn't help feeling they didn't actually get much done w.r.t. the challenge.  So unless part 2 is jam packed, I think this could probably have been covered in one episode, not two.  And how much better is the Subaru than the other cars in that terrain.  Without the hamster we wouldn't have had a show to watch.

I actually didn't like last night's episode, at all.

The 'modding' of the cars was just too over the top and I couldn't take it seriously after that. I know it's not supposed to be serious, but some of the challenges and adventures they take part in can be very interesting, the Amazonian rainforest one for example. 

Still, having lost the doofer down the side of the sofa, I ended up watching a very interesting Horizon program directly after top gear as a result of putting it on in the first place, so it wasn't all bad.

The Scooby comes of that show spectacularly well. An absolute monster. On the "modding front" its clearly all for effect anyway. When you see the size of the crew (using Jezza's toilet) you realise that out of shot are at least 4 massive 110 Land Rovers with camping stuff on top. That said, I really enjoyed it I much prefer the out and about stuff to the more studio based supercar tests with a "celebrity"

based on the extended shot of the pan being left when hammond went to look at the map.

Oh yes that was spelt out painfully obviously.