Top Gear

Jez

Apparently when the car sunk into the river, that was unscripted for Jeremy, May, and Hammond. Their reactions were real.

I liked the Africa special. I wish I waited and just watched it all at once though. It feels like this series went by so quickly but I am looking forward to watching it in the summer. 

In the mean time, Doctor who is back! Same with Game of Thrones!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Liked the first segment, then the news was its usual ten minute filler of wittering. The race was ok, funny at times and the SITRPC just seemed to drag with the odd chuckle.

Same shit, different.......

It had Brian Johnson and Rachel Riley. Jimmy Carr wondering what super powers Warwick Davis had was funny too. The NZ race was a bit meh for me.

Very safe opener, agreed. Bit still fun. I dunno if it's just the mood I was in, but I did enjoy the NZ section a lot - James' '...I think I'll just piss myself' line had me in hysterics.

I really, really want to go to NZ even more after that race, stunningly beautiful country.

In before Drat's "I hate top gear" post ;)

Ironically the first bit about cars that you would probably see on the main roads was OK.

The rest was a new low in it's predictability and banal content.

Bri - my prediction in your Facebook looking somewhat spot on? :-)

Yeah Drat I was thinking that. I was gonna say something along the lines of - "Man you were way off. There was no racism at all" :P

First ten minutes & last ten minutes was enjoyable, did they say why the Ferrari didn't go round the track? SIARPC was good. The free running with Dougie Lampkin whilst quite random was enjoyable but the other half of the show was awful.

I got the impression when they finished the series, at the last minute they realised they'd forgotten to make an episode 2 and quickly chucked one together with bits off the cutting room floor.

Thought last nights episode was much better. Enjoyed it.

Would have been nice to see how fast the Jaguar XKR-S went round the Madrid 'road circuit'.

I don't get you. It set a time of 57.x for the guys to (fail to) beat. Or do you mean all the off-camera stuff they did afterwards?

Anyhoo, as for the episode itself. I thought it was fairly mediocre tbh. Good ad for the R8 though.

The R8 is a lovely car, but it will always have the problem that it is an Audi.  If I'm ever fortunate to be in the position where I have to choose whether to buy a Ferrari or an Audi then the Ferrari is always going to win purely because of the badge. It is incredibly shallow, but I'm fine with that. 

• Like 1

The R8 is a lovely car, but it will always have the problem that it is an Audi.  If I'm ever fortunate to be in the position where I have to choose whether to buy a Ferrari or an Audi then the Ferrari is always going to win purely because of the badge. It is incredibly shallow, but I'm fine with that.

I agree but then I was more referring to the fact the Audi was £70k cheaper so more people can buy it than the £195k Ferrari.