The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Very good chance of being 7 points away on sat with 5 to go. If we can just get to within 2 points by the last game...

If you're talking about Fulham, don't forget we play them so really we should be looking at it like we'd be 4 off them with 4 to go...

At the moment I think we should be looking at Sheff Wed as the benchmark. We could well be 6 points off them with 5 to go on Saturday night 

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Preston have:
Leeds (A), Huddersfield (A), Norwich (H), Newcastle (A), Rotherham (H), Wolves (A)

Derby have:
Blues (A), Brentford (A), Huddersfield (H), Sheff Wed (A), Wolves (H), Rotherham (A)

We have:
Burton (A), Reading (H), Fulham (A), Blues (H), Blackburn (A), Brighton (H)

I think we catch Preston (4 point gap at the moment) - Derby is tougher to call.

If we can win the next 3 with Preston and Derby only getting 3 points from their next three that would make it very very interesting.

56 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

I won't be celebrating finishing 8th ! :blink:

If Fulham have to play Sheffield Wednesday that is bad if one teams win, good if they draw as a 2 point gain will be made. 

We are still in there. We are still fighting and they still have to go there and get something and I tell, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Luv it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

You would expect Derby to beat Blues, Rotherham and Wolves.

Preston with the next two games they have look easier to catch.

I would fear that Wolves will be a pushover, they have won 5 in a row!

5 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Fulham had 14% possession tonight!

Don't think I have ever seen that low. 

That defeat could de rail them

You getting that from the BBC? I think they have that wrong. 14% would be ridiculously low given they have the highest (60%) possession stats in the division. Indeed it would be ridiculously low regardless of that...and would mean Deby had 86% possession, which would be even more ridiculous.  I'm calling this out as fake news.

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NottingVilla said:

You getting that from the BBC? I think they have that wrong. 14% would be ridiculously low given they have the highest (60%) possession stats in the division. Indeed it would be ridiculously low regardless of that...and would mean Deby had 86% possession, which would be even more ridiculous.  I'm calling this out as fake news.

Same figures on livescore but maybe from the same source?

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Whoscored have it as 14.3%.

The more important stat is that they were hammered 4-2. 

3 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Reading the sky sports write up there is a good chance you may be correct

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's one hell of a stat. If that's not enough to set the pulses racing then nothing will. 

Damn that really is crazy. If things keep going at that rate, there's enough time and we can do it.

19 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

80/1...

giphy.gif

The Wednesday result went against us (not that it would have ever gone any other way, but time is running out and our window of opportunities has actually narrowed this evening). 

If Sheffield and Fulham draw. And we win we are 7 and 5 behind. We best Fulham and we are 2 behind Fulham. That's just those two rounds taken out of context. But looking at the draw.. Fulham have a tougher run. Really is Sheffield that need to struggle more for us to catch. 

Seems hard.. but the more we win.. the closer it gets.

One game at a time though.. Sheffield should lose to Newcastle. Fulham should see off Ipswich and us winning leaves us 7 behind Fulham and only 6 behind Sheffield with 5 to go.

Squeaky bum time.

a little bit of info for the ironists

IF

we dont get to the playoffs and one of the following do

Fulham - A set of players who were apparently against having McC back

SheffW - Barry Bannan plays for them

Preston - Callum Robinson plays for them

Derby - Had Pearson, McClaren & Rowett as managers this season