The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would say Bruce deserves a statue outside villa park of he gets us promoted this season. That would be remarkable and a absolute miracle.

Maybe we should rename the DE Stand after him as Saunders/Barton dont seem to be worthy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

I know what you're saying but it would only be a miracle because of the position we put ourselves in. Therefore it wouldn't rate

alongside our past glories

Not like winning a major trophy no, a total miracle though, would feel like winning the league but really even if we win our remaining games we've only shown championship winning form for less than half a season. To actually win it you have to be good all year, we haven't been close, actually we STILL haven't played good football for 90 minutes in one game this season. The results have been fantastic in this run, but any game I've seen or listened to on the radio in it has contained long periods where we are totally disjointed and can't put two passes together. Not just the normal pendulum of who's on top in the game either. Long periods where we are pretty poor.

As such, it would be nuts to rank it alongside our older (and getting ancient) achievements, as we've had great footballers playing well and won things doing it in the past.

That said if we even get close to the top 6 from here it's an incredible thing, the turnaround after the Newcastle game has been monumental, asking for 6 straight wins now is straight up mental.

• Like 2

This is what we want

IMG_4360.PNG

Brighton on the beach for our last game.

Zola (The Scum) beating Rowett

Villa getting some scoring practice

Blackburn losing so no confidence going into our game

Fulham getting nervy - Ipswich doing us a favour

Leeds knocking the stuffing out of PNE

Norwich unsettling Reading for us

Toon beating SheffW

Edited by Grasshopper

Not so sure about Leeds TBH. 

They are very catchable atm and it would be far better for us to have 2 positions to go for, if Leeds really started to slip.

A draw would be nice idealy!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Not so sure about Leeds TBH. 

They are very catchable atm and it would be far better for us to have 2 positions to go for, if Leeds really started to slip.

A draw would be nice idealy!

We can barely catch Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds are safe

I am getting extremely concerned that this is all down to my socks. 

My wife bought me some claret socks which I have worn for every game recently.  What if it really is all about my lucky Socks? I am not sure I can cope with the responsibility! What with the way games in this league come thick and fast they are already on an overly intensive washing cycle. . Will I have to turn up at a game in sodden socks? What if they become shot full of holes? What if the dirty Bluescum next door nicks them off the line? 

Someone help me I am terrified. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My wife bought me some claret socks which I have warn for every game recently.  What if it really is all about my lucky Socks? I am not sure I can cope with the responsibility! What with the way games in this league come thick and fast they are already on an overly intensive washing cycle. . Will I have to turn up at a game in sodden socks? What if they become shot full of holes? What if the dirty Bluescum next door nicks them off the line? 

Get her to buy you you another pair

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Get her to buy you you another pair

Once you try and substitute lucky socks it's the slippery slope downwards. I have tried many mugs over the last 6 years to replace my lucky Villa mug after that got broke..... Look where that led us! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My wife bought me some claret socks which I have worn for every game recently.  What if it really is all about my lucky Socks? I am not sure I can cope with the responsibility! What with the way games in this league come thick and fast they are already on an overly intensive washing cycle. . Will I have to turn up at a game in sodden socks? What if they become shot full of holes? What if the dirty Bluescum next door nicks them off the line? 

Oh, darn it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KSV said:

We can barely catch Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds are safe

Leeds are not safe ....they are 3 points ahead of wed!

They have also accrued 5 points from there last 5 games, losing the last 2 in the process.

Just to top it off their next 2 games are against Preston and Newcastle.