The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

There's another team in the top 6 currently having a massive **** wobble that seem to be flying under everyone's radar. Only on 69 themselves.

You'd think they will get a couple of wins between now and the end of the season, but then I couldn't see us losing 8 from 9 in the new year. 

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There's another team in the top 6 currently having a massive **** wobble that seem to be flying under everyone's radar. Only on 69 themselves.

You'd think they will get a couple of wins between now and the end of the season, but then I couldn't see us losing 8 from 9 in the new year. 

looking at their run-in its not exactly that easy. Preston, Norwich, Newcastle and in-form Wolves

My concern is that when we concede first we either lose or draw as we seem to crumble when going behind. This is something that will cost us next season as I don't expect us to get play offs unfortunately.

But it's nice when you have Leeds fans on Twitter scared to play us. I think next season should be have same squad, we should be top 6 for sure 

I think the gap is too big, too many teams we need to falter and  with too few a games left now. Even if Wednesday don't get 8 points from 6 games then Fulham or Preston will sneak in.

Next round of games is very interesting though. If we can get the win against burton(taking nothing for granted) then most of the teams above us face really tricky games.

we could realistically jump to 10th (9th if small Heath can do us a favour) and jump 2 points closer to 6th as wed are at Newcastle.

we would be 7 points behind Fulham....3 of those in our own hands

Edited by Nigel

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Next round of games is very interesting though. If we can get the win against burton(taking nothing for granted) then most of the teams above us face really tricky games.

Villa play Burton

Sheffield play Newcastle

Fulham play Ipswich

Preston play Leeds

Derby play Bham

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

My concern is that when we concede first we either lose or draw as we seem to crumble when going behind. This is something that will cost us next season as I don't expect us to get play offs unfortunately.

But it's nice when you have Leeds fans on Twitter scared to play us. I think next season should be have same squad, we should be top 6 for sure 

Who knows...We were pretty unlucky against Huddersfied - had enough chances to win that - and the last goal conceded before that was Newcastle in mid Feb so I think it's pretty hard to know what will happen when we eventually concede again.

0-2 win v Burton (a) would be good (3,4,5 or 6 would be great for GD & confidence)

1-0 v Reading (h) any which way would do

0-1 v Fulham (a) This would wake everybody up

2-0 v The Scum (h) or a goal feast

0-1 v Blackburn (a) 2 or 3 would be good, Maybe they are safe and on the beach, Maybe they need pts - Kodjia on the counter, Maybe they're down and not interested.

Last game v Brighton (h)

It would be great if Brighton or Toon are already champs.

Regardless if and when Fulham, SheffW, Preston & Derby drop pts, we have to win every game and if possible it would be good to hammer someone to better our GD

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Who knows...We were pretty unlucky against Huddersfied - had enough chances to win that - and the last goal conceded before that was Newcastle in mid Feb so I think it's pretty hard to know what will happen when we eventually concede again.

That's the thing I think a lot of this success has been due to not conceding. I hope this team has the strength to overcome teams who take the lead 

14 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

IF we did manage the impossible, where would it rank in our achievements?

I know what you're saying but it would only be a miracle because of the position we put ourselves in. Therefore it wouldn't rate

alongside our past glories

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

IF we did manage the impossible, where would it rank in our achievements?

I would say Bruce deserves a statue outside villa park of he gets us promoted this season. That would be remarkable and a absolute miracle.