The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf I made it look slightly better by not quoting the bits where you said something like only a fool thinks this will happen :)

but I'd be surprised if those replaced are here next season , with the exception of Gardner as someone accidently gave him a new contract

I think you were pressing the wind up button quite hard that day in fairness :)

And given that Gardner has had that contract I'm not sure you're full clear or has much chance of happening. I don't think all will go anyway.

2 away wins in 4 days for Lambert and Weimann. We haven’t recorded back to back away wins since 2014. Although, we did have the great Phillipe Senderos marshalling the defence back then which made us more or less impenetrable. Seriously though wtf, don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this stage.

Put this in the push for the playoffs thread just for the lols.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

2 away wins in 4 days for Lambert and Weimann. We haven’t recorded back to back away wins since 2014. Although, we did have the great Phillipe Senderos marshalling the defence back then which made us more or less impenetrable. Seriously though wtf, don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this stage.

Put this in the push for the playoffs thread just for the lols.

I remember those two games....Lambert in charge, Weimann netted the winner at Stoke, and Gabby got the winner at Anfield!

10pts in first 4 games of the season...followed by 6 defeats in a row!

Just now, ViewFromT2 said:

I remember those two games....Lambert in charge, Weimann netted the winner at Stoke, and Gabby got the winner at Anfield!

10pts in first 4 games of the season...followed by 6 defeats in a row!

maybe we've doing it the opposite way this season and will win the last 10 games of the season :P  

• Like 2

Shocker last night.....

Players that were pretty impressive for other sides this year looked poor for us. Brentford were very good though so credit to them and the team which gets into 6th place in the play offs usually comes on strong during the last third of the season and the momentum takes them all the way.

Not saying I see any signs that this will be us though :(

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

There's really no chance. Over a season, current 6th place is on course for about 76 points. We'd need to pick up 41 points in 18 games. 13 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats at worst.

Yes it's not looking very likely is it.

41 from 18 is too much to do, win last night and don't throw away the points against Preston and it'd have been 36 from 18. Which would have been difficult but doable with a slight improvement on our form under Bruce. We look miles off playing football as a team, and a million miles off the kind of team that could win 10 on the bounce....

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe this thread is still open! 

Yes I thought I was in the future around February 2018 when I read the thread title.   Think it's best to lock it till next year or rename it 2017/2018 season.

We basically need to win 12 of our remaining 18 games to stand a chance. If we win all of our remaining home games and win one or two away then we could make the playoffs. However, I am 99% certain it won't happen. This is a rebuild job and the promotion push will be next season. Still possible this season but extremely unlikely...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Agent Clark does what he does best

Would prefer them to go up this season as they would be our biggest threat next season if they stay down - not tooworried about those who come down this season .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would prefer them to go up this season as they would be our biggest threat next season if they stay down - not tooworried about those who come down this season .

Agree mate

No chance Newcastle and Brighton won't be going up. I think it's likely to be Leeds or derby that go up with them. As you say I don't fear Sunderland Swansea hull or boro as I think it will be three of those four coming down

• Like 1