The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

20 hours ago, TRO said:

I think its worth pointing out we have played slightly more games against to top half teams than the bottom.

We still have quite a few away games against the lower half teams.

I think we have faired well considering:

1) We made such a poor start in terms of points under RDM

2) considering the tough fixtures completed to date.

The higher we climb, the more we'll be playing teams below us and therefore the easier it gets.;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's not really relevant for us though is it? They will still win the league and we'll be battling for the playoffs.

I'd actually prefer Newcastle to be at full strength for the full season seeing as they are probably going to win the league anyway and the more points they take from the pool the better

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rubberman said:

The higher we climb, the more we'll be playing teams below us and therefore the easier it gets.;)

It was just a snapshot static observation at that time....but yes your logic is correct if our form improves and we keep moving up we will be playing more teams below us.

the point i was making was as we was sitting at 14 th that was the state of play.

On 09/11/2016 at 13:13, TRO said:

I think its worth pointing out we have played slightly more games against to top half teams than the bottom.

We still have quite a few away games against the lower half teams.

I think we have faired well considering:

1) We made such a poor start in terms of points under RDM

2) considering the tough fixtures completed to date.

You're right.  We're also unbeaten in all games against bottom half sides (although yet to win away), not to mention unbeaten at home against all opposition.

v top half
TOTL P9 W2 D4 L3 F8 A11 Pts 10

------------------------------
HOME P4 W1 D3 L0 F4 A3  Pts 6
AWAY P5 W1 D1 L3 F4 A8  Pts 4

v bottom half
TOTL P7 W2 D5 L0 F9 A5  Pts 11

HOME P4 W2 D2 L0 F8 A4  Pts 8
AWAY P3 W0 D3 L0 F1 A1  Pts 3

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That is really quite damning!

It's on the turn though.  Our last 2 away to the top half were the W and the D, and in fairness those 3 losses are our only losses in the entire season and we've turned the trend around.  Onwards and upwards.

On 09/11/2016 at 03:20, LockStockVilla said:

I'm quite confident we can put together a run to see us into the top 3, especially if we can add quality to the squad in January and keep up with the home form. If I am not mistaken, I believe in 2011, Reading had our exact same point total through 16 matches and they went on to win the league. 

I think Newcastle is unrealistic to catch, but I really do believe we can catch Brighton over the next 15 matches.

Why are Brighton catchable but not Newcastle? Brighton IMO are the harder team to beat in this league and there's only 3 points between Brighton and Newcastle at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why are Brighton catchable but not Newcastle? Brighton IMO are the harder team to beat in this league and there's only 3 points between Brighton and Newcastle at the moment.

.....soon to be 6 pts if its up to our Brucie

• Like 3

On 11/11/2016 at 09:43, Nigel said:

That is really quite damning!

On 10/11/2016 at 17:07, BOF said:

v bottom half
TOTL P7 W2 D5 L0 F9 A5  Pts 11

HOME P4 W2 D2 L0 F8 A4  Pts 8
AWAY P3 W0 D3 L0 F1 A1  Pts 3

That''s not so great either, tbf.

Hopefully sorted now Brucie has got them playing with a bit more of a clue, and we will see those stats improve quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is because I can't see Brighton losing the amount if games we need to catch them

They looked naff. Them being 12 games unbeaten is not reflective of Brighton as a side. The division is dreadful.

• Like 1

We've gone from being greatful not to get pasted, to being disappointed at not beating the team which sit second in the league. I wasn't crapping my pants throughout the whole game for once.

Still have alot of work to do though, draws are almost like losses for us, simply based on how much ground we have to make up!