January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yet they let him go?

Trent watches him every other week, I trust his judgement over my own in this case. 

Do you know how good you have to be to make it at Arsenal? He was pretty close to making it there, he's too good for The Championship

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Doesn't sound like we're going to be sitting around twiddling our thumbs. I wouldn't be shocked to see us crank out another £20m if it's needed.

Our January spend should give us a better idea about Tony's finances...fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

ps think they would be interested in buy one - get one free?

sorry.......

Buy Gestede - get Gaby free

Think about it! we could even throw in Westwood, Gardner & Hutton.

Sure way for them to fill up their bench.

They could go 1 up with a Goal from Rondon, Sub him + a.n.other with Gestede & Gaby then they can try to play out a 1-0 cos they'd never get a Goal out of that front 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't think we are going to spend 20m tbh unless we see some players leave for big fees. I think we could be in big trouble financially if we don't go up and end up like QPR. Needs to be sensible spending now.

We will probably see 15mill in from gestede tish gollini and one or two others.

Didn't expect a great deal (no pun intended) from this transfer window but Tony's tweets suggest they will be looking to support Bruce in the market and do business where there is business to be done. I guess Bruce would have sought reassurance of that before coming as from my understanding that's partly why he left Hull? Here's to an exciting window. 

Exciting times indeed, gonna be really interesting to see what our targets actually are. I  think a lot of people will be surprised. Most on here keep banging on about more midfielders, but I think Bruce's priorities are elsewhere. Sadly it seems he's looking to replace younger players. I myself will be rather disappointed if we ship out Gollini and Tish so soon.  

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If reports are true that we've agreed a deal for the keeper from Man U I think it's kind of ridiculous. Literally would just seem like Gary Walsh's version of Gollini.

If we weren't going to stick with Gollini I expected we would be getting an experienced old head ffs.

A bit pointless IMO.

I thought Bruce wouldn't like a rookie keeper - if reports are true it would seen that Bruce isn't adverse to rookie keepers - just not Gollini !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Doesn't sound like we're going to be sitting around twiddling our thumbs. I wouldn't be shocked to see us crank out another £20m if it's needed.

I love the digs he has at the previous owners/those in charge.

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

and our motto is " prepared"....seems like we have our club back.

I hope this guy never loses interest in us.