January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Quite right Lansbury would make a big difference to our midfield,quality player

Gardner and Westwood are so bad I think there's a few championship midfielders that would make a big difference to us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Gardner and Westwood are so bad I think there's a few championship midfielders that would make a big difference to us. 

I'm 37, 4st overweight, and even i think its maybe not to late. 

Jackson Irvine is one to watch for Burton on Boxing Day! good defensive midfielder who has scored about 5 goals this season.

Having a really good season and got the upper hand in midfield contest between him and fellow Aussie Aaron Mooy when Burton played Huddersfield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

They've both been at the football club a long time, in my opinion, they are more than decent for us, who are these midfielders that you are referring to DCJonah?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They've both been at the football club a long time, in my opinion, they are more than decent for us, who are these midfielders that you are referring to DCJonah?

I don't remember names, just a lot of games this season, I've felt the opposition midfield players have been much better than these two. 

Watching Derby vs Blues today and Will Hughes is the exact type of midfielder we need. Great with the ball at his feet, can pass it well and isn't scared to drive forward. He also doesn't shy from a tackle.

Would be more than pleased if we can get hold of him.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We're not going to get Will Hughes. 

I know he is highly rated Dave, but why don't you think we could sign the likes of Will Hughes?

He has been highly rated for a number of years now yet no PL league team has taken the gamble. 

Surely we are a step up from Derby?

18 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Hourihane at Barnsley would fit the criteria. Another assist yesterday and chips in with his fair share of goals from midfield. 

Can do the uglier stuff too. 

Seen his name mentioned a few times in this thread, is it just speculation or have we been linked? 

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Id love to get Hughes as it would help derail Derby too.

Probably the biggest reason they would do anything to stop him coming here.

Don't see them selling to a promotion rival unless he goes on strike or has some silly clause.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1