January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Keep McCormack, get a couple of midfielders in and Rhodes or another attacking player and then when our lads head of to ACN try playing some variant of 4-3-1-2 with Grealish just behind McCormack and Rhodes, i.e.

Gollini/New GK

New RB/Hutton    Chester              Baker             Amavi

Jedinak

New CM                       New CM/One of our crap CMs

Grealish

McCormack

New ST

Either that or remove either McCormack or the new ST and stick another body in midfield, Bacuna for energy, maybe.

Edited by Ginko

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can't remember who he played for but one home match there was a ginger haired midfielder that totally ran the show - it was an evening match - brentford maybe ?

Aye there was, can't remember his name now either but from what the Brentford fans were saying that was more of a one off performance, allowed for by RDMs none existant midfield and poor tactics. 

• Like 1

Named as a possible team for Hourihane here

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-rangers-target-conor-hourihane-9483056

Conor Hourihane has been offered a new contract by Barnsley as the Tykes bid to fight off interest in their captain from the Premiership rivals.

The Irish ace, out of contract in the summer, has had a great season for the English Championship side and had been linked with Celtic and Rangers .

The Glasgow rivals want the 25-year-old and Aston Villa are reportedly keen.

Barnsley gaffer Paul Heckingbottom hopes former Republic of Ireland Under-21 star Hourihane signs a new deal before he can go for free in the summer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can't remember who he played for but one home match there was a ginger haired midfielder that totally ran the show - it was an evening match - brentford maybe ?

Ryan Woods. @choffer goes to plenty of Brentford matches and he said that it was pretty much a 'one off' performance, thanks to being granted the run of Villa Park. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ryan Woods. @choffer goes to plenty of Brentford matches and he said that it was pretty much a 'one off' performance, thanks to being granted the run of Villa Park. 

Thats the guy. Id still buy him for that one performance !!!

34 minutes ago, DK82 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-rangers-target-conor-hourihane-9483056

Conor Hourihane has been offered a new contract by Barnsley as the Tykes bid to fight off interest in their captain from the Premiership rivals.

The Irish ace, out of contract in the summer, has had a great season for the English Championship side and had been linked with Celtic and Rangers .

Barnsley gaffer Paul Heckingbottom hopes former Republic of Ireland Under-21 star Hourihane signs a new deal before he can go for free in the summer.

Yes please!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

Or is sold in January when he refuses. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Alan Nixon just tweeted "Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before."

maybe about us?

mods- on my mobile so can't get link to work properly. 

Edited by Villaphan04

8 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Would love us to try and get Berahino.

Could see us going for him if we get promotion this season. Would be a sort of marquee signing for a premier league return.

It also wouldn't shock me if we tried to re-sign Benteke. Would need Palace to get relegated though.

• Like 1

At the end of January if we have signed a midfielder i'll be content.

Sign two of them, a right back, a stair master for McCormack and Gabby, an experienced goalkeeper to compete with Gollini and a left winger to add a little more balance and i'll be ecstatic. 

I want to feel ecstatic Big T. Make it happen.

P.S I've no idea how to correctly use colons and semi-colons so apologises for my big list.

Edited by sexbelowsound