January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's overrated and we need better.

He's 26 and been one of the best midfielders in the Championship for the last few years. He's contract is up so we might get him cheap and he's better than what we have. We need centre midfielders so if we can sign him. 

http://the72.co.uk/69991/leeds-villa-enquire-over-snodgrass/

Retired football agent, Agent Dave, has confirmed on his official Twitter page that both Leeds United and Aston Villa have ‘enquired’ over the signing of Hull City winger Robert Snodgrass. The Scotland international has seen his future thrown up in the air in recent days after it was revealed he has rejected a contract extension with the Premier League strugglers.

The 29-year-old supposedly set his heart on a move to Ladbrokes Premiership leaders and Scottish giants Celtic, but Brendan Rodgers isn’t said to be keen on signing the player at this moment in time. This has alerted two Championship clubs in particularly, including former clubs Leeds, who he has made over 160 appearances for already.

Snodgrass, who has already netted ten goals this season, including a hat-trick for Scotland in their 5-1 victory over Malta September, was willing to take a pay cut in order to push through a move to Celtic Park. With that move seemingly off the agenda, it remains to be seen where Snodgrass’ future lies.

His deal at the KCOM Stadium expires at the end of this season, but Hull may not be too keen on letting him leave in January, fearing his exit would severely restrict their chances of avoiding relegation under Mike Phelan. Losing him for free next summer therefore remains a possibility, and both Garry Monk and Steve Bruce have tentatively enquired regarding his situation.

lg.php?cppv=1&cpp=%2FtZ3hnxzVmg2ME96enNzL00vT2ZVMVEvNllYYzNXZllVTG8wL3dCWGxLOXJDKzFCVlhKNlpnVnZjbmZFamN3dVI5bVpsazhQRGdtSndUMDA4UTFVUkFIMWhQenY4cHp0Nk8rb2RaN29CdGNNN1VUcHR0dXBvUVFTZk0rYWF1WnQxejRHYTdmZm52Qm5ZUXFxZ1BzalFKRFFKVzYvK296WWQwbmFwTFplVnZwYXdQT0hNemNyajZCM0NHZlZKOWFjZUV0SGxuWlB1S0hpc3lRTG42R0NWR2xyV1RkdjZmRmFQdGtlYlJ2Qk1LaVY5VXNRPXw%3D

Both clubs would certainly benefit from having a proven Premier League and international quality attacking player in the form of Snodgrass, but perhaps both clubs would be better placed if they too could offer Premier League football next season.

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He's 26 and been one of the best midfielders in the Championship for the last few years. He's contract is up so we might get him cheap and he's better than what we have. We need centre midfielders so if we can sign him. 

Disagree... vastly overrated he is just flavour of the last few months.

Number of fines this last 2 years for motoring offences going past Police cars at 115mph in his £150k Bentley, silly haircuts etc have all been in the media rather than his football ability this last few seasons.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Disagree... vastly overrated he is just flavour of the last few months.

Number of fines this last 2 years for motoring offences going past Police cars at 115mph in his £150k Bentley, silly haircuts etc have all been in the media rather than his football ability this last few seasons.

I wouldn't say it because he is flavour of the month he's scores roughly 1 in 5 from midfield. That's a good ratio. We lack goals from midfield. 

If reports are true that we've agreed a deal for the keeper from Man U I think it's kind of ridiculous. Literally would just seem like Gary Walsh's version of Gollini.

If we weren't going to stick with Gollini I expected we would be getting an experienced old head ffs.

A bit pointless IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If reports are true that we've agreed a deal for the keeper from Man U I think it's kind of ridiculous. Literally would just seem like Gary Walsh's version of Gollini.

If we weren't going to stick with Gollini I expected we would be getting an experienced old head ffs.

A bit pointless IMO.

I don't know if I would say it is ridiculous or pointless JV.

I got to be honest I don't l know anything about Johnstone at Man Utd. The little research I have done I now know he is a couple of years older than Gollini and has 80 odd first team games under his belt on loan to a number of clubs.

I guess this is one of them where you have to trust the manager and his staff. Gollini was in pole position here and had he been impressing enough in games then there wouldn't have been a need to look for another keeper. If Bruce based either on what he has seen himself or what Gary Walsh is telling him believes that Johnstone is currently a better keeper than Gollini then so be it as until I see him in action I don't know enough to dispute that and I doubt many of us do.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Neither would I 

Or me, I think we have grossly neglected playing to his strengths, unfortunately that seems a common theme with a couple I feel. An absolute beast in the air with the right service, effective in the right scenario at the very least/.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or me, I think we have grossly neglected playing to his strengths, unfortunately that seems a common theme with a couple I feel. An absolute beast in the air with the right service, effective in the right scenario at the very least/.

Agreed entirely, he's great in the air, great leap and timing, it's an art form

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Strangely, I wouldn't sell Gestede, despite his obvious shortcomings.

If Baggies are offering what I have seen reported - I will happily drive him there myself - not being funny but if we can get our money back and a bit more, surely this would represent good business? 

ps think they would be interested in buy one - get one free?

sorry.......

• Like 1