January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not even sure he means them as digs, I think he is genuinely dumbfounded at some of the things he inherited and the way certain things were done. That's at all levels of the club, from the 1st team through BMH, the scouting the medical side as well as the business and commercial. 

I think you are right Trent.....He does not strike me as the type of guy that is remotely interested in commenting on what the last lot did, more of what he intends to do.

He probably just files what they did under "contempt".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think you are right Trent.....He does not strike me as the type of guy that is remotely interested in commenting on what the last lot did, more of what he intends to do.

He probably just files what they did under "contempt".

I've not been lucky enough to meet him (yet) but from what I've been told be those who have it's just not his style. He is big on responsibility as we saw from the quotes around Gabby and in a different way Paylddy Reilly, Di Matteo likewise.

I'm not even sure things like the Holloway remarks were supposed to be as pointed as they seemed, well maybe they were :)

Anyway let's not make the thread about the Dr, let's stick to the general atmosphere around the club which I think is in no small part due to his persona.

• Like 3

I don't think gollini will be sold. The only players I could see leaving are Richards  (if someone is stupid enough to take him) tishbola and gest ede.  In my view Westwood should be sold if we get a good offer.

Also think kozak will be off after Bruce's comments about him. 

53 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There have been rumors yes.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

From what I hear Richards is done in the game full stop?

If I played in that game vs Luton I think I'd probably call it a day too. 

Remarkable half of football, seems to have finished the careers of both our CBs that day. I see Okore has only played once for Copenhagen this year.

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

If I played in that game vs Luton I think I'd probably call it a day too. 

Remarkable half of football, seems to have finished the careers of both our CBs that day. I see Okore has only played once for Copenhagen this year.

away at Southampton couldn't have done Okore any good either.....I think he runs the Sadio Mane supporters club now:)

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not even sure he means them as digs, I think he is genuinely dumbfounded at some of the things he inherited and the way certain things were done. That's at all levels of the club, from the 1st team through BMH, the scouting the medical side as well as the business and commercial. 

I remember when we used to say Doug ran us like a corner shop, but those idiots ran us like a market stall.

3 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

This could be good from our point of view.  Get back some insurance money on him retiring, just like Ivo Stas.

Oh he won't retire I'm sure. He'll see out his contact making himself available, but not, if you catch my drift. 

I'm not slandering the man I hope, just repeating what I heard through the grapevine. Fourth hand at best.

30 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I remember when we used to say Doug ran us like a corner shop, but those idiots ran us like a market stall.

Hot dog stand.:)

Edited by TRO

26 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

soooo any decent links? Jenkinson seems to have gone a bit quiet.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There's not much else to say at this point. I doubt we will hear anything concrete now until Jan 3rd. 

Righty, harmless speculation it is so then!

Keane, Miguel, Stephens, & Falcao please :P

• Like 1